It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps the 'friends' clue refers to us calling on the good Sheikh for some more cash so we can get Milinkovic-Savic, Hazard, Mbappe and Leon Bailey.

Though back in reality it's probably Fred, Wilshere and two youngsters from Holland.

what are the chances on gettin Hazard ? has Roman ever sold us a player before ?

Im throwing Messi's name in the hat, Friends with Kun and ive always thought why not play in the premier league one time.

Well seeing as none of them could take the pressure off Dinho, replace Yaya or play left back, no.

I did mention we need a new replacement for Yaya. Left back is okay for us with a fit Mendy, Delph and even Danilo and Zinchenko able to do a job there.

what are the chances on gettin Hazard ? has Roman ever sold us a player before ?

Im throwing Messi's name in the hat, Friends with Kun and ive always thought why not play in the premier league one time.
Can only think of SWP.

Can't see us getting Hazard out of Chelsea at all, nor can I see him wanting to come. He'll end up at Madrid or PSG - I'd put money on it.

Fred, Bailey, Savic, Werner. That would be a very significant outlay but would really set us up for years.

Just my twopenneth and as usual no doubt barking up the wrong tree. We have 17 foreign slots and with Mendy back and Yaya and Mangala leaving we will only have two. The english quota for the Champs League is filled. So for me 2 top signings and 2 youngsters would make sense.

Going for four players doesn’t mean we will necessarily sign all four. The evidence of recent windows suggests that we cannot be assured that all targets will be landed. Anyway, a number of our players are injury prone, some are still very raw, and we cannot be certain that our top players will automatically maintain the same form next season, so 3 or 4 seems reasonable.

25 man squad - with players typically on 4 and 5 year deals. A few players don’t work out the odd youth player forces his way into the squad. 4 sounds about right if you want to stay ahead of the pack. In theory the 4 worst players or those that are in decline drop out each summer - and replaced by 4 who are a significant upgrade with at least 1 and probably 2 being a starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.