It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 man squad - with players typically on 4 and 5 year deals. A few players don’t work out the odd youth player forces his way into the squad. 4 sounds about right if you want to stay ahead of the pack. In theory the 4 worst players or those that are in decline drop out each summer - and replaced by 4 who are a significant upgrade with at least 1 and probably 2 being a starter.

Firm believer that you also need to sign players that directly or indirectly lead to someone breathing down the neck of an established player, not simply biding time waiting for that person to decline or to leave, and not just to have a larger squad where established players feel too safe. We went far too long waiting for players that could oust Toure/Nasri and Silva, for example. If we sign another winger, then that should free Bernardo to 'oust' Silva, and we should already be thinking of someone who can 'put pressure' on de Bruyne. That's not to say such established players need replacing, simply we need, as you say, to stay ahead of the pack.

Song co written by Carole BAYER Sager. Bailey plays for BAYER Leverkusen- I’m crap at these usually so I’m probably miles away.
The same goes with “that’s what friends are for” also written by her. Well spotted Blue.

Just my twopenneth and as usual no doubt barking up the wrong tree. We have 17 foreign slots and with Mendy back and Yaya and Mangala leaving we will only have two. The english quota for the Champs League is filled. So for me 2 top signings and 2 youngsters would make sense.

Maybe Bravo and Dinolo are going as well with maffeo and gunn returning

Sam lee said no weigl or savic. So right now we only know Fred and baily are on that list the other two are a mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.