VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Until referees, who presumably know the laws of the game, start to abide by them, instead of trying to manage a game, VAR cannot succeed.
We hear nothing from referees as to why they have reached a decision,but I am sometimes baffled by the comments on VAR, by the ex referees, on TV ,if they don't know how to apply the laws correctly, how can I have faith in the present referees.
As an example, last night the expert ref, said it was a penalty because the fouling continued in the box, yet for years the same experts, have said NO penalty as the contact started outside the box. They seem to want it both ways to suit their outcome. That is why VAR cannot work at the present moment.

An incompetent ref on var is the same as an incompetent one on the pitch, this is doing nothing to improve the standard of refereeing.

The objective should be to improve standards and var does not help that.

Do referees review their performance by watching their decisions post match? Or do pigmol just give them a pat on the back.

Couple of things from last nights game.

not VAR related but Sons penalty and a booking for stopping mid penalty run up, is this a brand new thing? As i swear i've seen penalty takers stop mid penalty like Son did with nothing given against it before.

And the penalty foul itself, Does the foul not happen outside the area? Trippier just made sure he fell inside the area even though the Dale player commited the foul just outside.

Get in the bin VAR

Couple of things from last nights game.

not VAR related but Sons penalty and a booking for stopping mid penalty run up, is this a brand new thing? As i swear i've seen penalty takers stop mid penalty like Son did with nothing given against it before.

And the penalty foul itself, Does the foul not happen outside the area? Trippier just made sure he fell inside the area even though the Dale player commited the foul just outside.

Get in the bin VAR
Yes. Half of Mario's penalties would have been disallowed. What a ridiculous rule. It takes skill to send the keeper the wrong way like Son did.

Yes. Half of Mario's penalties would have been disallowed. What a ridiculous rule. It takes skill to send the keeper the wrong way like Son did.
There's a difference. Balotelli never actually stopped like Son did. It's been in the rules for a few years now that you can't stop on a run up.

I have said before. Whilst the system is used by two useless officials then you will get useless decisions. Rubbish in, rubbish out.

Mr Riley needs to take a long hard look at the standard of refereeing in this country, he won’t because it suits the FA to carry on. There is a reason why there will be no English referees at this years World Cup. Just think about that. There will be referees from every backward, tinpot country in the world except ours. I wonder why?

So if that's the Champs Lg final v Real Madrid, or the FA Cup final v Utd or Liverpool, you are convinced that the first goal stands when Ramos, Mourinho etc go.apeshit at the officials ?

And if Sané is 6 inches further to his left & still not really interfering with play, you are sure the goal still stands ? And would do so vs Utd or Real Madrid in a big game ?

And that the decisions would be exactly the same, for them in those same positions, as it would for us ?

I'm not convinced. But neither can you be that the decision would be different for those teams. Look at the facts so far, although taking too long they have got the vast majority of decisions correct. United had a tight one go against them for the offside in the cup, if they wanted to abuse it they could very easily allowed their goal but didn't. Not sure why you come up with all these what ifs. Just deal in the reality. It's proven to correct the vast majority of decisions it's used for, which would have been wrong before. Although it needs refinement in some areas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.