Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the club are preparing a deal/contract for Phil, he must be well pleased with life, doing so well at a club he loves, learning off the best in the business, I wish the kid all the success he deserves.

I think he will get regular game time once the league is pretty much wrapped up.

That might get him a call up to the world class cup squad if he plays well.

Either way I have a feeling one of Foden or Sancho have an outside chance of the World Cup.

Outside of Kane and Sterling it’s not like we have had an abundance of attacking players ripping up tree’s this season.

23 man squad, 3 of which must be goalkeepers. Assuming we take six defenders, four defensive/central midfielders and four strikers that leaves six spots for attacking midfielders/wingers. Sterling will go, as will Alli, Lallana, Lingard, Rashford and Oxlade-Chamberlain. There's also Walcott, Barkley, Winks, Shelvey, Redmond and Ward-Prowse to consider among many other more experienced players who've played this season, so I'd be amazed if either Foden or Sancho made the plane. Even if Foden played every game between now and the end of the season, scoring ten goals and assisting five, I doubt he'd be considered.

23 man squad, 3 of which must be goalkeepers. Assuming we take six defenders, four defensive/central midfielders and four strikers that leaves six spots for attacking midfielders/wingers. Sterling will go, as will Alli, Lallana, Lingard, Rashford and Oxlade-Chamberlain. There's also Walcott, Barkley, Winks, Shelvey, Redmond and Ward-Prowse to consider among many other more experienced players who've played this season, so I'd be amazed if either Foden or Sancho made the plane. Even if Foden played every game between now and the end of the season, scoring ten goals and assisting five, I doubt he'd be considered.

Shelvey, Ward-Prowse, Redmond and Barkley won’t be anywhere near I don’t think.

Walcott might, but it will be on a super sub basis because he is rapid and is having an ok second half of the season with Everton.

None of them have done anything of note on a consistent basis to deserve a call-up.

My thinking is Southgate thinking long term and putting faith in players that will serve him well in the Euro’s.

Walcott might, but it will be on a super sub basis because he is rapid and is having an ok second half of the season with Everton.

None of them have done anything of note on a consistent basis to deserve a call-up.

My thinking is Southgate thinking long term and putting faith in players that will serve him well in the Euro’s.

I agree but I can't see them getting left out for Foden/Sancho. Think about Dom Solanke at Liverpool, Kyle Walker-Peters at Tottenham or Dominic Calvert-Lewin at Everton. They're all in a better position than Foden at the moment but I doubt any will even come close.

For example, I think Delph deserves a place on the plane but I don't think he'll get one because there's just barely any room.

Shelvey has probably had his best ever season

Laughable that people think Foden will be called up, he will only just turn 18 for the world cup. Southgate will go with players that have experience at the top level, and England want their youth to progress up the U levels in a group-like fashion.

If his progress continues as it has, then he has a good chance of getting called up for the 2020 Euros when he's a respectably mature 20 year old with some decent experience.

I too don’t get why people keep going on about Foden at this present time. Trying to get him into our first team and the England squad? I mean, come on, give me a break. In fact, give Foden a break. He’s 17, ffs. More meat on a chip. Could blow him over with a fart! Just because he’s a local lad and a City fan doesn’t make him ready. He’s not. Give him a few years and yes, he will most likely be then. I’d loan him out to a championship team to allow him to develop and to play more often at a reasonable competitive level and to build up his strength and physique.

I too don’t get why people keep going on about Foden at this present time. Trying to get him into our first team and the England squad? I mean, come on, give me a break. In fact, give Foden a break. He’s 17, ffs. More meat on a chip. Could blow him over with a fart! Just because he’s a local lad and a City fan doesn’t make him ready. He’s not. Give him a few years and yes, he will most likely be then. I’d loan him out to a championship team to allow him to develop and to play more often at a reasonable competitive level and to build up his strength and physique.

Yeah that loan the player out route has worked ever so well so far.

Maybe keeping them in and around the best players and coaches and facilities would work better, along with giving them some game time.

Loaning Foden to a championship team isn't going to build up his strength and physique is it, I mean why would it, it is more likely to get him kicked off the park by second rate thugs.

He is not ready for England that is for sure but he is ready for 10/15 minute cameo's for us in the right situations of course, you only have to take a look at Zinchenko to see the difference playing more with better players makes, his loan out was an utter failure but now he looks like a great prospect, funny that.

Laughable that people think Foden will be called up, he will only just turn 18 for the world cup. Southgate will go with players that have experience at the top level, and England want their youth to progress up the U levels in a group-like fashion.

If his progress continues as it has, then he has a good chance of getting called up for the 2020 Euros when he's a respectably mature 20 year old with some decent experience.

It is laughable in this shit fucking dinosaur football country.

But it wouldn't be laughable in another one. Especially if the competition wss a bunch of fucking donkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.