Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's as bitter a rag as they come, he hates us.

He’s not a United fan as far as I’m aware, although you’re right about his bitterness and hating us. He’s an odious dickhead, and it makes each victory that little bit sweeter knowing just how much he resents our success.

First story on 5 Live this morning about Women’s football followed by an interview with Phil Neville!!!
to be fair I don't think that is an anti-City agenda, that is the BBC desperately tying to flog inclusion. They are assuming anybody gives a rats arse about female football, which quite frankly is abysmal quality. Shove the England team against a pub side and they would get smashed (Australia women lose to U15 boys 7-0, World Champions USA 10 years ago lost 5-2 to U15 boys). It is pathetic having it as even a news item never mind lead - but thats the beauty of inclusion, put to the top a news story that hardly anyone cares about (there were less at the game then at the Emirates and thats saying something)

George Boateng on sky just said 'Aubameyang, Ozil, Mikhitarian and Wellbeck would get in City's starting line up'. How the fuck can they have people that know so little about football making fools of themselves on tv?

Imo not an agenda, just thick ****z.

The BBC go big on any sport they can show and give it wall to wall coverage. They have been highlighting women's football for ages. They went big when Sampson was sacked and with Neville talking himself up his first result with the Lionesses is bigger news than City win again.

to be fair he was praising us last night in his own downbeat way

Yes but only because he has no choice.
His real feelings were revealed by his reaction to the goals, I'm not surprised by it now as it's been the same in every game he commentates on in which we're involved.
I think before every game he decides what the best scoreline would be for Sky and if there's a goal scored which goes against that narrative he can't help but show his disappointment. Last night, the best story would have been an Arsenal win "Arsene bounces back." Similarly the best result in the Derby would have been a Rags win to make the title closer hence why he was gutted when we scored.

His tweeting last night was pretty obnoxious, and he seems to have a problem with Gary James.
That stunned me too - I've never met him, know nothing about him but his insults last night were just not on. Making me question whether it's worth staying on twitter. All I did was remind him that almost every major team has had transformational investment and that before oil money there'd been brewery money. If he'd listened instead of insulting me (which I think he is still doing but I've switched off) I'd have mentioned about both MUFC and MCFC benefitting in days of yore, and other clubs like Huddersfield buying success in the 1920s. LFC & CFC only exist because someone had a ground and wanted to make some money out of it. Money and football have been partners since the beginning of the League. It's always been about buying a club for personal gain - whether that be financial; to force your products on people; to make yourself look good; or simply to boost your own ego. Unfortunately, he thinks it all started with Chelsea then us, totally blinkered!

I won't engage with him now on social media. His words may even be libellous about what he thinks I turn a blind eye too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.