Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's like saying David Silva's lack of pace is a disconcerting limitation. It's not. Remember when he was brought in and everyone acknowledged he was the heir to Spanish Dave? Why have people forgotten the kind of player Bernardo is, and where he is supposed to play? His pace is only a limitation if he plays on the wings. He's not a winger, so let's hope he is given a central role next season for his and the club's sake.

Best portuguese player in the world if he is used to the best of his abilities and it's not even close.

Silva doesn’t need an extra yard of pace as his ball retention is amongst the best in the world.

If anything, Bernardo perhaps overestimates his own speed which can lead to either dispossession or a halt in our build-up play.

He’s clearly a player with fantastic ability but I would be lying if I said he’s lived up to expectations during his brief city career thus far. But saying that, he has looked more confident over the past month, so hopefully it’s a sign there’s a lot more to come from him.

Sorry but this isn't fair on him whatsoever.

Bernardo Silva- 6 goals, 10 assists.
David Silva- 7 goals, 11 assists.

I don't need stats for you to know who's made more starts. So the idea that he doesn't produce enough is a myth.

Good response mate. First season, new league, new country and doing brilliantly.

If he had more pace he'd almost be like Messi, so I'm more than content with the player that we've got.

If he had more pace he'd almost be like Messi, so I'm more than content with the player that we've got.
I would say he was quicker then Messi...

*EDIT*
After reading more comments i see many more talking about his 'lack of pace' I think he's far from slow.

I would say he was quicker then Messi...

*EDIT*
After reading more comments i see many more talking about his 'lack of pace' I think he's far from slow.
Messi is very very fast. Silva is a lot like the elder Silva when he first showed up. Not slow by any means, but not fast to the extent of our forward 4, which is what I think people are referring to.

Sorry but this isn't fair on him whatsoever.

Bernardo Silva- 6 goals, 10 assists.
David Silva- 7 goals, 11 assists.

I don't need stats for you to know who's made more starts. So the idea that he doesn't produce enough is a myth.

I didn’t say he doesn’t ‘produce enough’.

What I said is he doesn’t influence games enough.

There’s a marked difference.

I think he is doing fine. A lot more to come. Foreign players coming to the Premier League rarely shine in their first season, exceptions of course. Added to which when joining City players have to adjust to the way Pep wants them to play, which they are usually willing to do but may take a little time. Watch him next season.

I didn’t say he doesn’t ‘produce enough’.

What I said is he doesn’t influence games enough.

There’s a marked difference.

Would it shock you both to know your both likely right (imo). He is effective but also not controlling. The control is all from the middle and back, he is occupying an area where it is time to get your guns out.

In 3 years he will be our new David Silva imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.