Bernardo Silva - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it shock you both to know your both likely right (imo). He is effective but also not controlling. The control is all from the middle and back, he is occupying an area where it is time to get your guns out.

In 3 years he will be our new David Silva imo.

I don't doubt it mate.

There's a top player in there I just don't feel he's there yet.

I don't doubt it mate.

There's a top player in there I just don't feel he's there yet.
I can see where you are coming from boss. I see it this way... he is just doing a solid job in a position that shackles his best skill set. Where he is way up yonder i think that is a place where he is being almost exclusively asked to end the bits of control or add the assist. If he was banging a few more in (he is doing ok goal wise imo, not great but ok/good).

Now when it comes to us camping around the oppo box the last few matches there has been a slight drop in endeavour and sharp movement resulting in a drop in average goals from that area, again imo. For that i have to step back and look at how the oppo deal with us, i just checked a few matches and there are 5-7 guys withing distance to run at him often. I think this is a result of the oppo being shit scared of Walker so as soon as the ball has gone to him they flood over swamping poor Bernardo.

Now Sane and Zinchanko are rocking on the left though after us being left light there the defenders have a hell of a lot more to think about now. I think this showed perfectly in Bernado's goal, Sane rocking = more room on the opposite side.

Had a drink boss so sorry if that is a bit long winded.

I can see where you are coming from boss. I see it this way... he is just doing a solid job in a position that shackles his best skill set. Where he is way up yonder i think that is a place where he is being almost exclusively asked to end the bits of control or add the assist. If he was banging a few more in (he is doing ok goal wise imo, not great but ok/good).

Now when it comes to us camping around the oppo box the last few matches there has been a slight drop in endeavour and sharp movement resulting in a drop in average goals from that area, again imo. For that i have to step back and look at how the oppo deal with us, i just checked a few matches and there are 5-7 guys withing distance to run at him often. I think this is a result of the oppo being shit scared of Walker so as soon as the ball has gone to him they flood over swamping poor Bernardo.

Now Sane and Zinchanko are rocking on the left though after us being left light there the defenders have a hell of a lot more to think about now. I think this showed perfectly in Bernado's goal, Sane rocking = more room on the opposite side.

Had a drink boss so sorry if that is a bit long winded.

Roger that, mate.

Really improved player now he has had decent game time. What also struck me about him was what Pep said about him when he wasn’t getting games - never moaned, always smiling. He is a proper fucking team player. Probably playing out of position, but getting on with it very well

I would say he was quicker then Messi...

*EDIT*
After reading more comments i see many more talking about his 'lack of pace' I think he's far from slow.

Messi is notably faster. It's not even a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.