Misheard Lyrics

Another misheard and even misquoted lyric on some lyric websites is "I can't get no girlie action" from the Stones "Satisfaction" - it was originally written as ""I can't get no girl reaction". If like me you were old enough to hear the original mono recording with the inevitable "white noise" in the background it was an easy mistake to make, it's clearer on later higher quality releases.

I spent 30+ years genuninely wondering who Olive Cecile was. Even googled it with no luck...imagine my surprise when listening to Absolute 80s on a trip up to Edinburgh when my wife and sister and brother in law all sing “...our lips are sealed..” to the Fun Boy Three version.....idiots!!

sue_lawley.jpg

Those who know, know.

Well I hope and I pray that maybe someday
You'll walk in the room with my heart from ABC Ive always sang I hope and I pray that Mavis and Dave will walk in the room with my heart

“Wrapped up like a douche another runner in the night.” WTF? Original lyric was “Cut loose like a goose.” Both make no sense.
That song, which I never liked, always got on my tits because of these daft lyrics, I've never met anyone who knew What they meant either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.