Teams and their music

cityontheup

I have been wondering how particular songs or pieces of music are associated with particular teams, for example ourselves with Blue moon, I have to be honest and admit I don’t know how that has become attached to us, can someone explain. I have added other examples below, if you know the history behind how they got picked up by the teams please let me know and add any others you can think of. 1) West Ham - I’m forever blowing bubbles...2) Liverpool - You’ll never walk alone...3) Everton - Z cars theme... What about making new ones up like the Scum and the Neighbours theme....or Yesterday by the Beatles

Blowimg bubbles.is a whu aong since the 20's something.to do with a youth player who looled like a bubble bath advert.

Honolulu wednesday was adopted after a sheff wed end of season fancy dress away game.

watford use z cars because the manager liked it in the 60's and everton because it was set in liverpool.

Annies song is disputed by sheff U and rotherham but fuck knows how that came about.

delilah was somethimg to do with stoke fans doing kareoke one night I think.

the rest I have no idea

Chelsea always play that same song before a match.

Liqiuidator, is the tune, wolves and west brom also used to play it. but had to stop as the rivalry over it caused many a scrap between fans they say, used to know a wolves fan who pissed up would belt out

'dur dur dur dur dur dur dur fuck off west brom' aparently wba fans sang it with fuck of the wolves at the end

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.