John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a shame he got injured, which unfortunately has derailed his season. Hope he gets some game time soon and we see the Stones from the early part of the season.

This is the kind of shit that we have to put up with. Sterling, Sane and Stones are three of the biggest talents we have ever had at city and all three of them, Sterling and stones in particular, are subjected to some right shite.

Yes, this was after the Wigan game, so people were angry, but in case you forgot Wigan had one chance all game and it was from a mistake by walker, who of course was suddenly not good enough...

It's completely different to Sterling as his performances have been vastly superior to Stones'. FWIW I think he'll come good, but so far He's been a 6/10 signing.

It's completely different to Sterling as his performances have been vastly superior to Stones'. FWIW I think he'll come good, but so far He's been a 6/10 signing.
Tbf you could change Sterling in the earlier post to any of Danilo, Gundogan, or even Aguero and it would still fit.

The original point that some posters are too quick to be harsh, or emotional as one could observe, is valid

Bloody hell that's harsh - he was great before he did his hamstring.

I think his number is up. He's been so bad since coming back and really has had one purple patch in two years now.

As it stands he's our fourth choice CB, and I can see that being the case from now until end of season. How does he get in ahead of the other 3 based on their form?

I think his number is up. He's been so bad since coming back and really has had one purple patch in two years now.

As it stands he's our fourth choice CB, and I can see that being the case from now until end of season. How does he get in ahead of the other 3 based on their form?
The same way the other three got in. Hard work and waiting for an opportunity.

The same way the other three got in. Hard work and waiting for an opportunity.

The only way he gets in is injury and even if that's the case he goes out as soon as they come back.

Guy took a year to bed in, looked immense for a few months and then has been utter dogs**t since returning. I like him and his purple patch was phenomenal but I dunno, Pep's patience will only go so far if he doesn't return to that form.

The only way he gets in is injury and even if that's the case he goes out as soon as they come back.

Guy took a year to bed in, looked immense for a few months and then has been utter dogs**t since returning. I like him and his purple patch was phenomenal but I dunno, Pep's patience will only go so far if he doesn't return to that form.
I don't know. There's no reason why Pep would bring down the axe on a player who's got such high potential. Especially considering his age and the fact there are other options in his position if needs be.

He's been patient with Gundogan, I think he'll be more than patient with Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.