Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd quite like it if they were a little longer. The gesture of bringing him on is nice, but 3-0 up to an Arsenal side that were well and truly beaten, it would have been nice for him to come on in the 80th minute rather than the 89th.

I think he got 10 minutes when we were 3 goals up against Spurs early on in the season. That kind of cameo gives us a chance to actually see him play, let him get a few touches before the final whistle.

Agreed but the signs are encouraging. We forget how exceptionally young he is. I suspect the longer cameos will come in about 5 league games onwards. I was mega surprised he even got on for a minute against Chelsea tbh given the game was far from over. I know there was 2 mins left but i still didn't expect it. I think he's Pep's little project. I think the idea of these short runouts is just to make him feel like he belongs around the squad mentally. Remove the nerves and the self doubt and then the longer ones will be about performance.

I was mega surprised he even got on for a minute against Chelsea tbh given the game was far from over. I know there was 2 mins left but i still didn't expect it.

Me too. It says a lot IMO.. Pep must trust him.

Think we should see him start vs Basel. David and Kevin are desperate for a rest.

Would be great to see us go fairly strong (as strong as possible with rotation and no EDS) then throw Foden in there with all the senior players. Should give him confidence and make him more comfortable.

Agreed but the signs are encouraging. We forget how exceptionally young he is. I suspect the longer cameos will come in about 5 league games onwards. I was mega surprised he even got on for a minute against Chelsea tbh given the game was far from over. I know there was 2 mins left but i still didn't expect it. I think he's Pep's little project. I think the idea of these short runouts is just to make him feel like he belongs around the squad mentally. Remove the nerves and the self doubt and then the longer ones will be about performance.
Yeah I totally agree with this.

I bet he’ll be chuffed as well as impeach one will double his wage for the week.

I hope Pep makes changes for tomorrow to treat the game as a one off and say to the squad go and win and do not concede. Pretend it is the first leg.

Wouldn't want to see wholesale changes but would like to see De Bruyne and Otamendi rested and potentially Walker.

Ederson, Danilo, Stones, Laporte, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Foden, Silva, Bernardo, Sane, Jesus.

Sterling ahead of Bernardo if fit.

Foden needs to play with a solid spine around him to show his true value and ability.

I can see Pep keeping him on the bench though and playing a strong 11 to keep the focus and mentality in the team and not treatimg the tie like it is done. 20 minutes or more for Foden would be excellent. Diaz too.

Saw on Facebook that after the match Sunday, whilst doing his post match podcast Neville spotted Phil come back out for extra training and was gushing with praise for his attitude and desire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.