City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

all those having a go at the family stand (again) I would encourage you to go on the 360 photo that City took before kick off and compare the empty seats in the family stand and the top tier of the south stand and see who has more empties....

Those empty seats are all no-shows or tickets given away by city to youth players or organisations - it's fucking annoying as anyone trying to buy a ticket for a game is normally confronted by this below......this is Swansea in 3 weeks time. There is demand to put a bum on every seat every week, however the club needs to start clamping down on no-shows and think about who it is giving tickets away to.

mtte2o.jpg
It's becoming a joke and very very unfair for fans who want to buy matchtickets but can't. I think City should reduce the number of SCs, bin off those who don't bother coming to...say...fifteen of the nineteen games and put those tickets up for matchday sale rather than risk another SC no-show

It's not having a pop at the Family Stand. Honest.

The club is using the Family Stand as a *MATCH TICKET' dumping ground.

There are tickets in their for schools, sports clubs and probably staff?

And when these tickets aren't taken up the seats remain empty.

Towards the end of yesterday's match there was a large pocket of isolated seats near the corner flag that had been vacated.

Obviously a group of some sort. They didn't want to stay until the end.

That aside, and this is not having a pop, and it happens in other parts of the stadium, dad's and mum's want to get their kids home as fast as they can, especially on a sunday or midweek match. Nothing wrong with that.

But that leaves swathes of empty seats before the match has finished. Regardless if anyone is bothered about that or not, it looks shit inside the stadium and on the TV.

Regardless of how the club justify the family stand and the obvious reasons for it, it just hasn't worked. That's nothing against the family stand. Obviously the club have decided to continue with it. They aren't bothered about empty seats, deiffering takeup, etc. Regardless of the obvious and the on-going discussions on this forum that have lasted years, the club in their wisdom(?) have decided the Family Stand stays, and with it continued empty seats.

I can bet that those rows of empty seats which were 5/6 rows infront of me in the family was down to school kids or football clubs in Scotland etc not making it due to weather, that’s where they normally sit and obviously they didn’t or couldn’t move the tickets on.

Not so much the empty seats but the atmosphere was really poor yesterday. Probably the worst it’s been against a top side at home since maybe pellegrinis last home game against arsenal? Thought it was awful. One bit of full singing in the 90tj minute of blue moon.
Much of the blame for the atmosphere has to go to Chelsea who parked two busses on the pitch. A bit of excitement gets the crowd going and Chelsea did their best to make sure there was as little as possible.

It's not having a pop at the Family Stand. Honest.

The club is using the Family Stand as a *MATCH TICKET' dumping ground.

There are tickets in their for schools, sports clubs and probably staff?

And when these tickets aren't taken up the seats remain empty.

Towards the end of yesterday's match there was a large pocket of isolated seats near the corner flag that had been vacated.

Obviously a group of some sort. They didn't want to stay until the end.

That aside, and this is not having a pop, and it happens in other parts of the stadium, dad's and mum's want to get their kids home as fast as they can, especially on a sunday or midweek match. Nothing wrong with that.

But that leaves swathes of empty seats before the match has finished. Regardless if anyone is bothered about that or not, it looks shit inside the stadium and on the TV.

Regardless of how the club justify the fsmily stand and the obvious reasons for it, it just hasn't worked. That's nothing against the family stand. Obviously the club have decided to continue with it. They aren't bothered about empty seats, deiffering takeup, etc. Regardless of the obvious and the on-going discussions on this forum that have lasted years, the club in their wisdom(?) have decided the Family Stand stays, and with it continued empty seats.

Well I agree with you about the clubs and societies who get tickets and who then don't use the tickets , that is wrong. It must frustrate people who wanted to go and see on tele a block of empty seats. Maybe the family stand wouldn't get all the shit if these tickets were in another stand.

The family stand was a response by the club to the accusation that football is becoming too expensive for ordinary families and for a dad/mum to take his kids to the match its prohibitively expensive - remembering our fan base is quite old.

Accordingly by the creation of the family stand families were able to relocate or apply for tickets in that end as a family and the price would reflect the encouragement of families who could afford to go. I go with my son now 10, my dad who is 70 and for the season ticket for the 3 of us it is I think under £1k which I think is good value. I also thinks it works really well, its great .

Well I agree with you about the clubs and societies who get tickets and who then don't use the tickets , that is wrong. It must frustrate people who wanted to go and see on tele a block of empty seats. Maybe the family stand wouldn't get all the shit if these tickets were in another stand.

The family stand was a response by the club to the accusation that football is becoming too expensive for ordinary families and for a dad/mum to take his kids to the match its prohibitively expensive - remembering our fan base is quite old.

Accordingly by the creation of the family stand families were able to relocate or apply for tickets in that end as a family and the price would reflect the encouragement of families who could afford to go. I go with my son now 10, my dad who is 70 and for the season ticket for the 3 of us it is I think under £1k which I think is good value. I also thinks it works really well, its great .

I don't think anyone has a problem with the concept of the Family Stand. I certainly don't. After all, the Kids are the future of City's support. It's the implementation of the Family Stand that isn't working. Either the take up isn't there or the Family Stand is too big for the demand.

That aside. Why we are giving tickets to sports clubs, etc, from other parts of the UK, if true, us beyond me, when the sold signs are up Weeks in advance, yet there are genuine City fans, Kids, Families who would die for a ticket in the Family Stand. Those fans must be watching the match on the TV and wondering why the seats are empty, and they can't get a ticket.

Either compact the Family Stand with less seats, with a guaranteed takeup, or stop giving tickets away, and sell them to City fans who want to go but can't get a ticket.

The complimentary tickets should be the back rows on the third level of Colin Bell so that when there are no shows it isn't as obvious. If tickets aren't going to be used they should be given to local youth clubs, sports clubs etc. Not rocket science really.

I think maybe a ‘confirmation of attendance’ email should be sent by those who are given complimentary tickets, but then can’t go. Maybe 24hrs deadline, then they could be released the day before or on the day. At least there would be tickets available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.