Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's his chances of going to the WC? Surely after so long out that could be a step too far for him, or once back playing is he almost a certainty?

Am I the only one who thinks Delph is better than Mendy ?

With Delph we had our best run in the League & CL in the history of City so far, he surely deserve some credit.

Yes. Yes you are.

Except maybe Delph's mum and dad. Even then, I'm sure they're probably realistic people. So yes, just you.

Yes. Yes you are.

Except maybe Delph's mum and dad. Even then, I'm sure they're probably realistic people. So yes, just you.

True. Although, Delph has been superb, apart from the Wigan meltdown. Mendy is the starter but I am sure Delph will continue to provide depth along with Zinchenko

Let's not be unfair on Delph here, he has proven himself for us(at LB) this season when many doubted he would, myself included. I'd like a fully fit Mendy back playing, but Delph is reliable backup for him

06d6f991e0672a2a13eee906bdae0537.jpg

Been branching out? Whilst injured!

SO excited to see Mendy back. It's going to dramatically change our gameplay, improving both attack & defence stats. Expecting a bunch of assists for Kun and Jesus.

Does anybody know how many games he played this season?

Yes. Yes you are.

True. Although, Delph has been superb, apart from the Wigan meltdown. Mendy is the starter but I am sure Delph will continue to provide depth along with Zinchenko

Oh yeah, not knocking Delph at all - he's been fantastic. Just don't think it's accurate to describe him as "better" than Mendy.

Am I the only one who thinks Delph is better than Mendy ?

With Delph we had our best run in the League & CL in the history of City so far, he surely deserve some credit.

From the very little I’ve seen of Mendy he seems a high risk, high reward left back which isn’t what we’re used to from defenders. Delph is very much a safe option, personally I think he’s better than Mendy defensively and is safer in possession but isn’t going to give you anywhere near as many options going forward so it’s a matter of preference/choice.

That said I am only basing my opinion on the 3.5 games Mendys played for us, so I maybe completely wrong. I can’t wait to find out though it’ll be great to have him back and will improve us even more going forward if that’s even possible.

From the very little I’ve seen of Mendy he seems a high risk, high reward left back which isn’t what we’re used to from defenders. Delph is very much a safe option, personally I think he’s better than Mendy defensively and is safer in possession but isn’t going to give you anywhere near as many options going forward so it’s a matter of preference/choice.

That said I am only basing my opinion on the 3.5 games Mendys played for us, so I maybe completely wrong. I can’t wait to find out though it’ll be great to have him back and will improve us even more going forward if that’s even possible.

I think we will be more balanced with Delph at left back. Mendy will be add another dimension to our attack, we’ve seen glimpses of that already. I just sense that Mendy will cause us a few problems at the back.

My view from what little I saw of Mendy at the start of the season was that he was exceptional on the front foot but left a bit to be desired when defending (tracking back, leaving space in behind). Delph is a more orthodox full-back in that respect. Can't compare the two as they are different type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.