Do you really believe the league is over...?

Good news and bad news, NMC.

The good news is the winnings are tax free.

The bad news is that the best odds are about 1,000 to one on. By my calculations this means you would would win one twentieth of a p or, as we would say politely, Sweet Fanny Adams.

See, this is the kind of thing that intrigues me. How could they pay that out? What would they do?

But it wouldn't be 100% mathematically certain if there was still the goal difference issue.

Very true. My point was there wouldn’t be 1 point difference. Let’s hope the rags can get something from their game then maybe we can party. Of course we mustn’t forget that we have to win our games as well.

This was my favourite game of the season for all the reasons you say. The Kevin De-Bruyne goal especially was brilliant. I like close games (scoreline wise) that finish 1-0 with the goal scored at a crucial time late in the game and the best team winning.

I know I'm being soft but I still felt a bit anxious when the rags won 3-2 v palace the other night. That late goal pissed me off. But I try to think rationally - the gap is still 16 points and this team is very professional and full of hard bastards - physically and mentally. They are not typical City !

I think that what we are witnessing now is the new "typical City" and, as you say, full of hard bastards, with the emphasis on the mental toughness that has been instilled into them. I think a lot of professional sports are decided by who is mentally tougher and having a "serial" winner like Pep as a coach and mentor cannot be underestimated.

Chelsea away was also my favourite game of the season. A masterclass.

I would be pretty relaxed at that point though!

Ha ha ha probably me too.

Although if any team could do it it would be the Best Attacking Team in the League™, who also happen to have averaged over 0.5 goals less per game this season than we have...

Very true. My point was there wouldn’t be 1 point difference. Let’s hope the rags can get something from their game then maybe we can party. Of course we mustn’t forget that we have to win our games as well.

Got you.

Put it this way anybody who bets on another team must like giving money to a stranger who will do nothing but " reinvest it " in another bet.

Better to give it those who need it more than them.

]

I think you are wrong! If Liverpol win all their games before the Derby they can still get one point more than us.

Nope - Before the derby Liverpool can get 9 points yes and us 6 but by the derby they will have 6 games left which is 18 points maximum.

If we win the next 3 with the derby being the 3rd then the gap will be 18 points and Liverpool cannot get more than 18 points which means GD (assuming they beat United).

We are 4 wins away from mathematically deciding it but we can effectively decide it on GD by winning the next 3 if United do not win this weekend.

If United win then just swap them for Liverpool because we can win on GD by winning the derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.