Basel (H) Post Match Thread

Good to run out some of the youngsters.

That side was never going to roll a side like Basel.

Only fourth defeat all season and again like it was in the last of the group matches the side was no where near the standard required to win a game against the best the opposition can muster.

Pep picked a side that was going to struggle to win and so it proved.

At least he was trying to create something when he came on. He was one of a very few players that actually looked like he didn't want to lose
They were playing the way they were taught and were not chasing the game. This is the CL and it is a two legged affair. We were winning comfortably and were keeping the ball, as much as possible. Shocker.

Now, would I like to see us attack like a Panzer division every time we get the ball? Absolutely! However, I know enough to know that with the players on the field, against a not shit Basel side, that would have been suicidal. Pep MANAGED to the team into the QFs. Now, back to the Premier League with a full squad of fit players, with every sub getting a solid 90 minutes in their legs, and awaiting Roma in the QFs. (It is written in the Stars that’s Liverpool get Juve, isn’t it?)

Positives: Diaz looks superb every time I see him. Foden got game time, really needs to bulk up, eat kebabs or something. Sane tried at least. Jesus got minutes. That's it.
Negatives (If allowed on here): booing by City fans in cb stand, f*ck off the lot of you you spoiled gits. Yaya utterly finished as a footballer. Zinch very poor, Danillio very very poor, Gundogan very poor. Some senior players wanting to stake a claim for first team action messed up big time.
Home run of unbeaten games over, that's annoying and unnecessary against a shite team.

Main aim, we're through. Bring on the filth please.(they'll scrape past seville)
Added bonus: the Harry Kane team fail yet again aha ha.

Zinchenko, Touré, Danilo, Stones, Laporte.

I will never be arrogant enough to demand wins from our team, but I do not like the negativity and laziness we saw from these five tonight. They should be desperate for a place in the first team but at no point did we look like we cared about winning. All of them constantly passing backwards.

That said, booing was uncalled for.

Foden is much better than he showed tonight but he at least gave us some effort so I can't be annoyed at him.

Think the problem is if we picked up injuries or suspensions before or during the quarter finals,bar sane and b.silva would any of the rest be able to come in and do a job looking at that backline for instance would have you worried if any of them had to fill in ...

A lot of the attendees only go to games where the cost is lower and they often get short changed with selections and performances like this.

Glad I gave it a swerve. Should have lumped on Basel at 12-1. Probably 40-1 when we scored.

Good experience for the younger ones and a game for Jesus but nothing else to rave about.

I was meant to go tonight, but I'm ill (thankfully...) Some fans may have paid up to £50 for that performance.

All this bollocks about not staking a claim. Pep didn't care about that result. He put Tosin on on 85 mins with Sergio and KDB on the bench. It was a pointless exercise. I'm a paying fan and I understand that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.