Basel (H) Post Match Thread

Poor game. City fringe players far too slow with the ball in transition but who really cares through to the quarters with most 1st teamers rested and thats all that matter

Clear that Yaya has absolutely no future at the club and as the pivot he slows the game down which is why we were so poor tonight

There were players who slowed it more... Gundogan, Zinchenko and Danilo, Yaya did ok considering these 3 were sloppy tonight.

Say it as I see it fookin awful.

Zinchenko not good enough or quick enough & easily brushed off the ball.

Yaya thanks for the memories but time to leave

Stones has gone to the dogs simply lacking confidence & won't carry the ball

Jesus scored but was very poor

Felt sorry for Foden as never got service or help from Gundagun or Yaya

Bernardo & Sane only ones for me who were ok.

Those who wanted to prove a point have shot themselves in the foot

Hey where through let's move on

Yet pretty much all of those have made a positive contribution to the season and will continue to do so when really required. The only objectives were to get through without injuries, give some fringe players some game time and give a few of the kids a run out. We did all that and coasted through to the last 8.

Don't usually post in the post match threads but there was a lot of fair weather fans out tonight. Groaning and moaning every chance they get.

We were through, we played a rotated team. Yaya legs have gone, foden still young and learning. Not sure what people were booing tbh.

We are watching genius in the making and have so much to cheer and be happy about.

Had a guy behind us shouting "oh come on!" Throughout the game every time we played it at the back or kept possession, as if they've never watched us play before. Safe to say I haven't seen him before and probably won't again.

Onto the quarters!!

True but Pep will not be happy with that performance (credit for Basle for having a go and you can see from both legs why they have beaten a few Premier League clubs over the years in the Champions League).
No doubt, but that isn’t to say there were not any positives.

It was fucking garbage. And the players should be ashamed of their performance. And this is the place to say so.

but the only thing which takes the gloss of anything is those fucking ****s in the ground booing it

I feel no kinship for any **** which did that, the season we are having.

I'm growing to dislike a decent number of City fans.
I couldn’t have give a fuck if we had lost that 3-0

Foden and Diaz have got minutes under their belt

Same for Jesus

Everyone else wasn’t arsed apart from Sane , Yaya’s ghost was kicking off his farewell tour

You are not wrong but penty on here have no idea that is the case.

However, the back 4 were dogshite with & without the ball.

Just watching the interview with Stones and Yaya and got the impression their days are numbered. Very subdued considering we are thru to the next round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.