Basel (H) Post Match Thread

Not great, but gave key players a deserved rest . From what I have seen so far Diaz is closer than Foden to a regular first team spot. He is faster and stronger at the moment.

Stones or Laporte not both at the same time.

People giving Yaya grief. He was not the worst on the pitch by a long shot.

so pep thinks we were poor so i'm sticking by what i said despite the attack dogs being out tonite
You should know that constructive criticism isn't allowed any more Karen. If we play shi*e we deserve criticism. Momentum is key. Some senior players let down the younger players.

Its not about where we are in the league or having won the carabao cup already. It was a poor and uncharacteristic performance from city. Whats so wrong abt pointing that out on a football forum? It was a second string 11 but u still expect them to fight and with silva, sane, gundogan, jesus, and toure in the 11 we should have done better and shown more ambition than we did.

Fine, we didn't play well but the context was it was a largely meaningless game where we had 3rd string players on. We also just went through a period of winning twice against Arsenal, winning a cup and winning against Chelsea.

One loss and posters are on the match thread and on here calling players like Jesus as shit.

Seriously, you think I’m some prize dummy who was expecting a 6 goal romp and 110% effort? I’m fully aware of what that fixture was - a dead rubber - and I’m far from upset, but it was poor for all of that. And I’m not sure how you classify a team containing Sane, Bernardo, Jesus, Stones, Gunders, Danilo, Laporte and Zinchenko as 3rd or 4th string. The only two out there tonight who haven’t played at least a dozen times for the first team this season (Laporte excluded cos we’ve only just signed him) were Ya Ya and Foden!

You know your football and we agree most of the time but tonight, like a few others you are going way over the top in the criticism imo.

You accept it was a dead rubber and it was.

We are through and you won't see that 11 again this season in any game because they all have far more importance than the one tonight.

When it does matter, the team is very different, the tempo is very different, the performance is very different and most important, the result is very different.

Everyone was happy with that team at the start. We gave much needed rest to our key players and over two legs we are comfortably through which is all that matters.

Having said that some players tonight were very poor to say the least. The whole defence, Ya Ya, Gundogan, Bernado, Jesus, although he is coming back from injury. The second half we were awful. No real urgency or tempo and on eighty minutes we had had ONE shot on target. I have no idea what that side ways/backwards passing was all about when we were losing, totally clueless.

Pep will have found out about a few players tonight and trust me reputations count for nothing with him, a couple there will probably find themselves getting a harsh word in the earhole tomorrow!

Gundogan said as much yesterday.

I’m sure Pep will manage the squad well. Players want to play twice a week....just not every week. From here on out, that is pretty easily managed.

I have said for weeks mate, play the best team every game and only until a player has played himself out if the side does a replacement come in.

Winning sides don’t get tired.

Bayern took their foot off the pedal once the league was over under Pep and the lack of momentum did play a part in Costing them a CL under Pep because Bayern were easily one if the top 2/3 sides in Europe under Guardiola and should have won it considering their dominance of play and overall quality.

Got a feeling we have just seen Yaya in a City starting line up for the last time ever.
Huddersfield (H) virtual guarantee. And, maybe even Captain for the day, coming off in the 89th minute to a 5 minute standing ovation...if Pep knows what that man has meant to the City team he inherited.

We’ll see.

the media are feeding the fickle city fans and with the loss tonight is a big thing well its a 2 leg cup tie for a reason and if you win the first leg 4.0 away from home why risk your better players and also give the other squad players a run out in a NO LOSE game

lets not forget its not a 100 meters sprint but a marathon race and needing your best players fit and ready for bigger games you have to take the chance in a no lose game. ok the score tonight says we lost but we won the tie. yes some players did let themselves down tonight and maybe not playing week in week out you lose that game match fitness but the kids was a joy to see and the last days of yaya must be worth seeing one last time

so the media can do one and manchester city are going places unlike super spurs who can do no wrong and PFA winner kane and one man team just got rolled over when every tom dick and harry redknapp was planning there route to the final hahahhahahahaah

That performance was so predictable. I actually predicted 1-1 so wasnt far of. Pity for the fans that paid good money for a dead rubber. However we are in the quarters and great game time for some of the fringe players particularly Diaz and Foden. I really think Diaz will be a big part of this team if he can continue to improve. He has great natural skills.

some weird people on here. the game was already won so Pep adopted perfect game management. play the players who r struggling to get in the 1st eleven n blood the kids. perfect game for experience. the game wud be a victory in peps eyes....teenagers blooded in the CL and fringe players run out against a CL team.
Bullshit if you think Pep is happy with that. The players who are struggling to play in the first team made zero case for inclusion in future games. The younger players were hung out to dry by the lack of application from senior players. Sane and Bernardo first half tried. The rest were pathetic. Simple as.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.