Yaya Toure - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yaya is going. We all know that. No point analysing his performances to death. He won’t be playing more than once or twice for the rest of the season.

I’m more concerned with the likes of Stones who is staying and looks like a 17 yr old playing his first game at times

I admit I thought Yaya would of continued last season's form and would of still made more of a contribution.

Yaya will start the final home match against Huddersfield so that he can be substituted (hopefully in the 42nd minute) so the fans can give him a proper sendoff. I'd love to see a bunch of inflatable birthday cakes just to show him the love. I think he'd think it was hilarious.

inflatable-jumbo-birthday-cake~49_362

Strange that listening to people at the game, before the match, they were saying he would show why he should be in the team, will probably score at least two goals and lead a youthful team to another good night. Wrong, wrong, and wrong - there is no sentiment in football and I feel let down by him as I sat there watching him slow us down, amble about and show no desire to win tonights match. Ok, rant over as I'm freezing and I am thrilled we are in the last eight. However, Yaya should never don the shirt again - put simply he always makes us turn into the Pellegrini team of 2 years ago. I'm sure Pep will not be pleased and at least he can now say "well I gave you the chance you wanted."

Yaya will start the final home match against Huddersfield so that he can be substituted (hopefully in the 42nd minute) so the fans can give him a proper sendoff. I'd love to see a bunch of inflatable birthday cakes just to show him the love. I think he'd think it was hilarious.

inflatable-jumbo-birthday-cake~49_362

I hope you're fucking kidding.

It was obvious what would happen in the game,he is a legend but no more appearances except the last home game when he can get a send off

Strange that listening to people at the game, before the match, they were saying he would show why he should be in the team, will probably score at least two goals and lead a youthful team to another good night. Wrong, wrong, and wrong - there is no sentiment in football and I feel let down by him as I sat there watching him slow us down, amble about and show no desire to win tonights match. Ok, rant over as I'm freezing and I am thrilled we are in the last eight. However, Yaya should never don the shirt again - put simply he always makes us turn into the Pellegrini team of 2 years ago. I'm sure Pep will not be pleased and at least he can now say "well I gave you the chance you wanted."

Harsh but true and I feared beforehand that his performance would be exactly this. He slows the game down every time and he cannot /will not up the tempo , which negates our strength as a team.

He has been a great player for us , but time has caught up with him big time.

Yaya is going. We all know that. No point analysing his performances to death. He won’t be playing more than once or twice for the rest of the season.

I’m more concerned with the likes of Stones who is staying and looks like a 17 yr old playing his first game at times

Any centre half in world football would look shit with that midfield in front of it, it's not Stone's fault a Swiss pub team could run 50 yards unchallenged.

I watched Yaya for a good six or seven minutes in the second half when he barely moved out of the centre circle. Pep was not happy. Sad to see that is career is coming to an end but he did excellent for us for a good few years. He'll get a good send off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.