Basel (H) Post Match Thread

Just realised that when I got home tonight and my wife had my beer ready (as usual), it was the first time in over a year that I arrived home having watched City lose. And I go to all the home games. Am I in a bad mood? Not a bit of it. Do I feel let down or disappointed? No. Do I wish I hadn't made the effort? No because it was interesting to see a changed team and observe the performances, on a night when the result didn't matter. I want to watch every single minute possible of this team, this season. Being a supporter is being a supporter.
Oh and by the way, that was Jesus' first full game after a long lay off with a serious knee injury. (Just in case people didn't know that).

I wish more looked at it this way.

Dull & frustrating game game to watch. Some of the players mentality tonight was poor in that the games won before they kicked a ball.

Standout players tonight was Sana, silva and Diaz,........and the 2 goals conceded were appalling. Bravo should of saved that and Christ knows what Laporte doing?! Yaya ask yourself why you don't get picked for games!

Anyway roll on next match - any team bar Liverpool for me.

Basel were 20/1 to win this. Had me emergency fiver ready to hand over and thought nah, we'll murder 'em.
Got to the ground, sat down and saw the team being read out.
Alas, it was going to happen.
Just looking at that team and thought, if you were up against it in a scrap, how many of them would you want behind you?
Only Laporte. The rest are wimps and I'm not kidding

Probably not the game to single our deficiencies player wise the second half as a team we were poor but if I was to it would be Bravo, he gives the back four no confidence at all is poor in his decision making basically because he is too slow in setting up the play from the back and above all a poor shot stopper , that second on his near side albeit a result of shocking defending in the lead up to the shot was the only time he was tested in the second half and he failed as he often does.

We certainly need a better second string goal keeper that will put real pressure on Eddy to perform the way he has for much of this season next season , this is as important if not more so over the summer than a replacement for Yaya and another striker of much better quality than Nacho will ever be.

Manure's current goal keeper stocks are better than ours and once again their stand out player of the season keeping them in Europe and in the hunt for a Chumps League is their goal keeper and while his number two is a decent comedown he is more reliable than Bravo.

Once again Bravo showed he cannot add the value a keeper needs to perform at in this side and the way Pep has set up this side to play and why Hart had to go.

Surely passing to any of the back four when they are pressed so much they are practically stood on the by.line is totally foolish, but Ederson was doing the same againt Liverpool with the same end result. Rather than blame the keeper though, this is the second home game on the trot that our forwards/midfield have failed to push into the opponents box. 1800+ passes and only 2 goals, unbelievable Geoff.

Can't say I heard any booing tonight , bar when yaya stepped away from a free kick, could also have been people booing at the coins been throwing and nothing being done to stop it
It was just at the end when players were passing back when there was no need - if we'd been winning no-one would bother but no matter what the circumstances, it was pathetic to settle for defeat. Still, booing was just bizarre.

Am seeing that as no big one. No fresh injuries, cards avoided, players rested and some getting a game in the legs. No problem with Pep Managing the squad . Would have been very different if we had needed a result. On we go!

Am seeing that as no big one. No fresh injuries, cards avoided, players rested and some getting a game in the legs. No problem with Pep Managing the squad . Would have been very different if we had needed a result. On we go!
Exactly. For me it was like the shakhtar game. Win against stoke and this will be forgotton

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.