Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted at19:15
'Throw the kitchen sink'
Man City v Basel (19:45 GMT) (agg 4-0)

Conor McNamara

BBC Radio 5 live commentator

It will be interesting to see if Man City go for it tonight. I really hope that Basel go for it, I'd love to see them throw the kitchen sink at it.

City's defence has been known to wobble on occasion.

Good to see the BBC aren’t hiding their allegiance

Had R5 Live on in the car on the way home last night. One mention of the City score between 9:45-10:30! Full in-depth analysis of the Spuds tragic failure to qualify and the comments of the Leeds Manager post Wolves. You would think that there were only two games played that evening.

Had R5 Live on in the car on the way home last night. One mention of the City score between 9:45-10:30! Full in-depth analysis of the Spuds tragic failure to qualify and the comments of the Leeds Manager post Wolves. You would think that there were only two games played that evening.

TBF we were through before we played, so spurs failure to qualify really was the story last night and especially so as they were favourites and took the lead in the game

You should be happy that after that insipid performance of ours that we were ignored

Not sure I understand why but surely any City loss is usually news and worthy of headline coverage ?
Keeping our loss at home low key is not the usual media method.

Not sure what people want here. It was a pretty dead tie win or lose and everyone knew it. Of course it was going to be ignored. Had they highlighted the loss there'd be screaming about that instead. It was a non-event.

Interesting that our meaningless 2nd leg actually drew a bigger attendance than Anfield's meaningless 2nd leg.
I await the media observations, but won't hold my breath.

Not sure what people want here. It was a pretty dead tie win or lose and everyone knew it. Of course it was going to be ignored. Had they highlighted the loss there'd be screaming about that instead. It was a non-event.

Post match comment from Pep, a brief match report, an acknowledgement we even played?

@Blue Mist You're really shaking your head in despair and amazement. really? ow I get it - you must be one of those 'Super Blues' I've heard about. No red clothers and blue ketchup right?

@ r.soleofsalford. 9 hour round jouney for me to the watch a game with my season ticket. Yeah I'm going to the pub - the clue is '9 hours', but also job and family.

You have missed the important bit of the post. You said you were a City fan but would be watching Spurs. I am not bothered that you are 9 hours away I have no problem with you not attending the match either, I just don't understand why a Blue would watch a different team playing at the same time as us.

Looks like Spurs were the real winners last night

IMG_0911.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.