Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda irks me some keeps going on and on about "Oh, but City has to win season after season to be considered great", "Oh, City has to win every season under different managers to be considered 'Barcelona level'"

They seem to fear entertaining the thought that at current level, at current season, we may actually be as good as anyone.

Not sure what people want here. It was a pretty dead tie win or lose and everyone knew it. Of course it was going to be ignored. Had they highlighted the loss there'd be screaming about that instead. It was a non-event.

Any City loss or even draw has been news this season.

When we win it is not news because it is expected so the media do their best to ignore it. This tie we contrived to lose which after all was an unexpected result so would normally be negative news for City ie worthy of media exposure.

Got really, really p offed with BBC yesterday.

1) Radio 5 live at lunchtime talking about the price of 2nd hand tickets and one guy said fining the culprits is like fining Man City £50,000 for their antics last week. Where the f..k did that come from.
2) All afternoon advertising the fact that the football was coming live from Wembley from 6.30 and ko was 7.45. Not a single mention all afternoon about our game.
3) After the game, mentioned the score twice, no report, no interviews, nothing. 1 hour of wall to wall Spuds, how they will learn blah, blah etc.

Looking like the best way they are dealing with how good we are is to ignore us and big up all the other teams.

Interesting that our meaningless 2nd leg actually drew a bigger attendance than Anfield's meaningless 2nd leg.
I await the media observations, but won't hold my breath.

Yes a great crowd last night (49,000 plus) and also more than PSG got at home to Real Madrid (46,000). Still it ruins the media narrative that "we are a small club."

This has been their blatant obvious attitude since they caught on to the idea that Pep was not a " fraudiola " and that we were really serious & very very dangerous players in this football world.

Clearly a petulant childish action, but then again these are those sort of people.

The best way to deal with this is shrug the shoulders alert them to the fact we know what is going on & continue to be excellent & winners.

When it suits their agenda or clickbase they will soon " discover " us again.

Looks like Spurs were the real winners last night

IMG_0911.jpg
yes, but this Spurs love in will not benefit them in the long run, there is way too litle pressure on them too win something. They need too take the next step.

Got really, really p offed with BBC yesterday.

1) Radio 5 live at lunchtime talking about the price of 2nd hand tickets and one guy said fining the culprits is like fining Man City £50,000 for their antics last week. Where the f..k did that come from.
2) All afternoon advertising the fact that the football was coming live from Wembley from 6.30 and ko was 7.45. Not a single mention all afternoon about our game.
3) After the game, mentioned the score twice, no report, no interviews, nothing. 1 hour of wall to wall Spuds, how they will learn blah, blah etc.

Looking like the best way they are dealing with how good we are is to ignore us and big up all the other teams.

Is this the same BBC who have had us on first on MOTD more times than I can remenber this season? Strange way of ignoring us.

We have had loads of plaudits this season. Spurs had a massive game and we were playing a meaningless second leg.

Last edited:
I have to admit the BBC is nowhere near the worst culprit imo. Sky, Talksport, are so vehemently against us and dont try to hide it, at least BBC (and BT too nowadays) try to hide it and cater for our fans.

But I cant watch Sky, especially the older pundits who prefer things the way they were.

Every now and then Sky will have a positive report on City, until you actually read it. Like todays about stats and "Is City's statistic of biggest gap the biggest", well no, upon reading you find out we're still not better than Utd.

I fkin hate them, I absolutely hate Paul fkin Merson, he actually thinks Salah is going to be PotY, why? Because his goal tally (For someone who plays on the wing) is brilliant compared to KDB. WTActualF!

These guys, these entitled guys who expect their teams to still be on top, are setting the scene for the hate against City, the attack on Sterling, the shocking tackles, refs decisions, ignoring players brilliant like Aguero, City players generally not getting the official recognition they deserve.

Quite honestly I wish they'd fuck off to BEIN sports and Vinny replace them, about time we had proper City representation, it's long overdue, and it comes to something when I would rather watch City games in fkin french rather than Sky just so I can get a better more accurate idea of how good we are rather than how much we have spent or beaten or negative... FFS dont they realise there is a fanbase waiting to be tapped into.

Just been listening to talk shite and that vile snide ginger **** Perry Groves said.and I quote ' It's like at Man City when they say there's 58000 but everybody knows there's 30'000'. What a utter ****. If he did one iota of journalism, he'd know that our ground is 54'600 capacity. Also didn't mention the 17000 Arsenal fans that only turned up against us. With wankers like this on a national station, is it any wonder fans across the UK are brainwashed into thinking these things. I wish he walked past me now, I'd rip his fuckin head off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.