Singing section/Atmosphere

Look, no-one’s saying that everyone should sing and no-one’s saying that those who don’t sing are any less of a fan than those that do, but in a thread about the singing section and atmosphere, if you’re just going to slag off those that are making the effort and not offer up anything constructive - and that includes constructive criticism of some of the methods being used to try and improve things as we welcome feedback of both a positive and negative nature - then I don’t see why anyone would bother posting on this thread, unless they’re doing it with the intention of shit-stirring. And believe me, we’ve had our fair share of shit-stirrers on this thread over recent months.
Agreed, if you don't sing and sit like a stuffed dummy at the game why are you on this thread, I'm 53, stood on the kippax for years singing my heart out, still do but fucking hell I wish more would join in, it's the whole English thing ie couldn't give a **** ...couldn't give a shit, complete apathy, we are turning into one lazy arsed nation.

unfortunately for british football fans, the last decade plus has resulted in these quieter stadiums.

standing up, drums etc most likely won't have nothing to help create atmosphere moving forward.

It's a generation thing now.
palace fans seem to do ok ,and they only have a fraction of our fan base

I sat in the southstand last night and expected more. I normally sit in east stand 107 and tbh its not that much different. The problem is that the sound doesnt travel, I could see the 1894 group trying to get things going but I couldnt hear them and at times the songs we were singing then started again a few blocks later. The acoustics are poor and not enough people sing, it wont change in my opinion, it will only get worse.... but i hope im wrong cuz a good atmosphere is so much better than he current library membership we all have.

Look, no-one’s saying that everyone should sing and no-one’s saying that those who don’t sing are any less of a fan than those that do, but in a thread about the singing section and atmosphere, if you’re just going to slag off those that are making the effort and not offer up anything constructive - and that includes constructive criticism of some of the methods being used to try and improve things as we welcome feedback of both a positive and negative nature - then I don’t see why anyone would bother posting on this thread, unless they’re doing it with the intention of shit-stirring. And believe me, we’ve had our fair share of shit-stirrers on this thread over recent months.

I'm not slagging off those making an effort. I'm stating that the orchestrated singing as demonstrated last night does nothing to add to the atmosphere.

As for Basel it did nothing for them at their ground a few weeks ago

As soon as they bring back standing, let the youngsters(16/25 yr old) priced out come in then, and only then will we get anything that resembles a decent atmosphere, the vast majority of us are well past the 40 yr old mark, just the way it is, I was singing my head off in the Kippax as a youth, now we tend not to you grow up, you settle down that's it in a nutshell ...... nothing will change til standing comes back

I sat in the southstand last night and expected more. I normally sit in east stand 107 and tbh its not that much different. The problem is that the sound doesnt travel, I could see the 1894 group trying to get things going but I couldnt hear them and at times the songs we were singing then started again a few blocks later. The acoustics are poor and not enough people sing, it wont change in my opinion, it will only get worse.... but i hope im wrong cuz a good atmosphere is so much better than he current library membership we all have.

I heard the Basel fans loud and clear last night so we need to stop blaming the acoustics. I know people hate to admit it but the only way we will see the atmosphere improve is the European way...

The European fans just seem to sing one song over and over. We could match that by a group singing, "Never felt more like singing the blues" or similar constantly, interspersed with some different songs. It has to be a simple easy chant to be continuous and effective.

I heard the Basel fans loud and clear last night so we need to stop blaming the acoustics. I know people hate to admit it but the only way we will see the atmosphere improve is the European way...
True but thats a whole away section in sync with each other. That just doesnt seem to happen, especially while its divided by the away section

So, as someone who doesn't sing, dance or play the drums you're saying I'm not a proper fan. Are you seriously measuring the quality of being a fan by the amount of singing done.

It's a good job I always stay till the end. In fact I usually stay until the team have left the pitch.
Does that go some way to satisfy you're proper fan criteria

Do you clap as well? You wild bastard you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.