Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume he is banking on the following equation going in his favour. He promised the rust belt jobs, if he gets them jobs the extra cost on products will be so diluted across the board your average American will barely notice. Those in the rust belt though! they will feel it positively, their friends and family's will benefit to. So i think the goodwill and votes earned from that will outweigh any negative feelings towards him.

If you think of it when you are at a shop and they say "oh this is x amount"and you think "robbing bastards" who do you blame? you almost hold the poor assistant personally responsible for this outrage don't you, i know i do xD You get my point though, tenuous links from those who shape policy and tax rates are rarely taken into consideration with cursory thought. You blame the company who made it or the shop who you feel are charging to much. The faceless bugger in Brussels who has a meeting we are not privy to or allowed to see the minutes from (legally you have a right to see them but you try going to get them) who just signed some paper that really did affect your end cost never gets a finger pointed at them.
That might work on something minor, but steel and aluminium are in everything. The price of everything will go up pretty significantly and it will be very obvious as to why. Not only will that effect the prices for everyday americans, but their ability to export things would suffer as well.

Shitgibbon wrote that statement. I’m convinced of it. It opened with how they thanked his wonderful and strong leadership etc.

Change the name and it would have sounded like an official NK press release.

NK has been trying to get to meet a US president for decades. Is he really that stupid that he’ll agree to meet on rocket mans home turf...?

Yawn...

NK policy is to be seen and treated as a serious player on the world stage so if Kim can get a sit down with a US President it will be a major coup for him. Kim will also see it as vindication of his nuclear policy.

But talking is better than firing missiles so probably worth a shot. Can’t see it happening in May though. There will be months of haggling before any potential sit down.

That might work on something minor, but steel and aluminium are in everything. The price of everything will go up pretty significantly and it will be very obvious as to why. Not only will that effect the prices for everyday americans, but their ability to export things would suffer as well.
Ahh, so it is not going to be like a kettle costing 30 cents extra or something?

Edit: just googled it, yeah they are pretty strong policies indeed.

I reckon he should go to NK yeah, then they kidnap him and we send in a grizzled Gerrard Butler who recently left the secret service after failing at his job. He gets the call just as he is looking at a bottle of whisky whilst holding a gun with just one bullet in it and a tear in his eye.

Yes everyone who holds a different political opinion to you is a stupid racist who works in a factory.
Enjoy 7 more years of Trump in your ideological bubble you tit.

If you support Donald Trump, you (a) did no research about him, and/or (b) didn't read the books HE wrote about himself, and/or (c) didn't understand them; and/or (d) do not believe governing/legislative/foreign service experience is important in a President, and/or (e) do not care about (a) nor (b) nor (c) nor (d), making you either and idiot or irresponsible or a troll.

My view on Trump has -- for the 2,456th time I've posted it here, meathead -- NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICS. It has to do with common sense.

I have voted for members of both parties for a number of offices for 30+ years. Tariffs are nothing like a "liberal" vs. "conservative" debate. And I apparently care a fuck a lot more about the 1000x MORE factory workers in the U.S. who utilize steel and aluminum as raw mats in the value-added goods they produce than you seem to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.