The undroppables?

If you are going to argue Debryune is dropable then so is Fernandihno.

The only significant drop off is from Eddie to Bravo. Then Debryune to anyone. Then Silva to anyone.
Fernandinho has no proper like for like cover IMO, that's why I think he is undroppable in our best 11. As good as De Bruyne is, we have alternatives in midfield.

Vinny has done what he does every season, ages out, comes back and looks great and will break down. It is how it is sadly. We cannot rely on him nor should we build a team/formation around him. I don't mind Vinny playing if he is fit but I wouldn't want a back three just so he can play. It leaves two of our biggest game changers on the bench.

correct. best to get out of vinny now is a part player

Ederson
Walker
Fernandinho
De Bruyne

Maybe D. Silva

I'd start Aguero over Jesus any day but is he 'undroppable'? I personally don't think so.
D. Silva has been amazing all season but should he be dropped for the odd game, I'd be disappointed but not questioning Pep why.
However, for the 4 names above I I'd be completely shocked if they were dropped.
Just my opinion, I know there's no one that can do what David does as well as him before anyone starts, it's just about being undroppable.

Vinny has done what he does every season, ages out, comes back and looks great and will break down. It is how it is sadly. We cannot rely on him nor should we build a team/formation around him. I don't mind Vinny playing if he is fit but I wouldn't want a back three just so he can play. It leaves two of our biggest game changers on the bench.
I don't think we're on the same page mate.
I'm not saying we should build a team around Kompany or play with a back 3 to suit him. I'm talking about a partner for Ottamendi. Laporte was obviously brought in for a long term replacement for Kompany, and this is perhaps his last season. But at this moment, in a back 4, will Stones or Laporte be a better and more reliable option than Vinny? Maybe, maybe not but either way we won't need to drop a 'game changer' if he does get the nod.

I don't think we're on the same page mate.
I'm not saying we should build a team around Kompany or play with a back 3 to suit him. I'm talking about a partner for Ottamendi. Laporte was obviously brought in for a long term replacement for Kompany, and this is perhaps his last season. But at this moment, in a back 4, will Stones or Laporte be a better and more reliable option than Vinny? Maybe, maybe not but either way we won't need to drop a 'game changer' if he does get the nod.

Absolutely, my quote was to someone with us playing three at the back and it included Kompany and then two up top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.