Keeping our best players

I think Sane will leave for Spain in a few years. Jesus too.

Not coz they want to leave, but that they will want a new challange after winning all they can with us.
I think keeping our best young players is down to whether we can keep Pep here.
I have a gut feeling that within 3 years Jesus will be lured to Spain. I can see Sane playing for Bayern too. I hope I'm wrong and they stay playing for us, happy and winning trophies.

I always thought we'd lose Silva and Aguero to either of the big Spanish clubs. So glad we have kept them happy here.

One small reason, but perhaps an important one in keeping players content, is the number of compatriots that we have gathered at the club, which I think plays a role in making players feel more at home. We have had an Argentinian group of players, Spanish players, French-speaking players, and of course the Brazilians; Sane and Gundogan also seem to get on very well, and it wouldn't surprise me if we added to that and soon had a small group of German players.

One small reason, but perhaps an important one in keeping players content, is the number of compatriots that we have gathered at the club, which I think plays a role in making players feel more at home. We have had an Argentinian group of players, Spanish players, French-speaking players, and of course the Brazilians; Sane and Gundogan also seem to get on very well, and it wouldn't surprise me if we added to that and soon had a small group of German players.

"Just don't mention the war, i did earlier, but i think i got away with it!"

:-) :-)

My personal homage to the great Basil Fawlty of course !

Its always nice to support a team that turns the heads of players for other teams but really doesn't have much problem with losing them. It has to be cultural within the club as it spans pretty much to the beginning of the current ownership. In general, people feel the need to be part of something and achieving new heights. There aren't many clubs in the world that can provide that right now. Even Bayern is struggling by their standards with the current financials of world football.

It's plausible that any one of our players could push for a move if they really want it.

As long as we're successful, and we look after our players well enough to the extent that they won't want to leave unless it's for something special then there's not much more we can do.

Whilst we have Pep, I can't see any of those that we really want, asking to leave, no matter who comes in.

They're pretty much all saying that he is improving their games, so why would they want to leave, especially when you look at the managers of the other big clubs ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.