Ferran Soriano: City positioning themselves as “club of the future”

It's either that and be successful or bump around the lower end of the division and below. That's football now, it's a huge business and won't work just by being a local club. City do better at maintaining the local links than many others. Look at United.
Barça do very well at promoting themselves as a local Barcelona and Catalan club.

I think Bayern do for Bavaria and Munich and Liverpool for Liverpool too.

We have this ridiculous gimmick of the Moon (lights out and Blue Moon on seats, Blue Moon soundwave, Moonbeam and Moonchester, Blue Moon Rising, Blue Moon metal circle near the bridge...) coming out of every orifice. It’s cheesy and unneeded.

The odd thing about the Moon n’all is that the Devil is the personification of the Moon and that’s United’s stolen gimmick from Salford RL.

Manchester has a great history and culture. We don’t need this Moon bollocks

Last edited by a moderator:
Barça do very well at promoting themselves as a local Barcelona and Catalan club.

You must be joking. That's their PR, not the reality. They're as much after the global market as City are. All their fans will make the same kind of complaint you have.

We have this ridiculous gimmick of the Moon (lights out and Blue Moon on seats, Blue Moon soundwave, Moonbeam and Moonchester, Blue Moon Rising, Blue Moon metal circle near the bridge...) coming out of every orifice. It’s cheesy and unneeded.

The odd thing about the Moon n’all is that the Devil is the personification of the Moon and that’s United’s stolen gimmick from Salford RL.

I agree. We have flogged Bluemoon to death ever since we robbed it off Crewe Alex.

Christ. I don’t think there’s a sentence in that I agree with other than the one in bold.

Devil is the personification of the moon and we’ve stolen that off them? Crikey. You aren’t a good advert for the effects of LSD.

I do a lot of work across schools in Yorkshire/Leeds/Bradford. City have a high profile in these schools, providing coaching and local traing hubs. When i ask who are the most popular teams City are now equal to any of the others. This season has helped a lot. A definite shift in the last year or so. Another couple of seasons like this and we will easily be the preferred choice of several new generations.

Don't really care where we rate, in terms of revenue. Don't care about istory, i have followed City through thick and thin, always will.

Don't really care where we rate, in terms of revenue. Don't care about istory, i have followed City through thick and thin, always will.
All well and good but surely you’d prefer us to be able to hire and keep the best managers and players? I certainly enjoy watching us win games more than I enjoy defeats.

And so, the higher our revenue then the higher the likelihood of the above.

To claim indifference to them is therefore a bit strange.

Africa doesn't generate much money for the premier league. Wall to wall fake shirts aren't important, It's markets like the US where it matters. We are the most watched team there too.
Even fake shirts are useful for the rags, their big additional income is brand association, if their name has high impact whether the shirts are real or fake United manage to get sponsors to pay to be associated with it.
'We are proud to be United's official sanitary pad provider in Timbuktu'

All well and good but surely you’d prefer us to be able to hire and keep the best managers and players? I certainly enjoy watching us win games more than I enjoy defeats.

And so, the higher our revenue then the higher the likelihood of the above.

To claim indifference to them is therefore a bit strange.

I loved watching us beat QPR, but did it make me more intrinsically happy than Gillingham, maybe a little but not a great deal. I like going to a game with my mates who have been going since we were kids , a few pints and a pint, and laugh at United if they lose. Yes the football is amazing, and as someone that now lives overseas most of the games I watch on telly and my lad and I marvel at the technique, however on the occasions when I am back in Manchester, its all about atmosphere , mates and getting a sore throat from singing all afternoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.