Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC should know better, they're not trying to get advertising clicks either so have no excuse for such blatant bias. I assume the shit they continue to peddle is because most journalists grew up in the era of rag dominance so followed them like glory hunting sheep, and are now desperately trying to keep them relevant.

The Guardian is actually worse, its article today about Pep's ribbon and about Abu Dhabi human rights could have been written by a bitter rag, Cockney or Scouser on a fans forum. Ridiculous bias and unfounded criticism. Whoever wrote it will be in tears when we lift the Premier League title.

The Guardian is actually worse, its article today about Pep's ribbon and about Abu Dhabi human rights could have been written by a bitter rag, Cockney or Scouser on a fans forum. Ridiculous bias and unfounded criticism. Whoever wrote it will be in tears when we lift the Premier League title.

It was written by David Conn, once a Blue until the takeover I believe.

The BBC should know better, they're not trying to get advertising clicks either so have no excuse for such blatant bias. I assume the shit they continue to peddle is because most journalists grew up in the era of rag dominance so followed them like glory hunting sheep, and are now desperately trying to keep them relevant.

Did you read the whole article?
The last sentence is:

His [Guardiola’s] willingness to raise such issues and show solidarity should be applauded and followed by football people - and extended to human rights everywhere, including for those languishing in prison in the country of his employer”

There’s nothing there that’s either ridiculous bias or unfounded criticism.

The whole Abu Dhabi human rights argument is pathetic, it really is. I imagine 99% of people who raise this argument don’t give two shits about the people there or what happens in Abu Dhabi or any other far off land where human rights abuse takes place. If they did, they wouldn’t be waiting till now to show their fake outrage.

The whole Abu Dhabi human rights argument is pathetic, it really is. I imagine 99% of people who raise this argument don’t give two shits about the people there or what happens in Abu Dhabi or any other far off land where human rights abuse takes place. If they did, they wouldn’t be waiting till now to show their fake outrage.
Correct, nobody seems to raise an eyebrow about the good old US of A's poor human rights record.

Just watched this and really really liked Liam Rosenior as a pundit. Very articulate and intelligent young lad.

Did you read the whole article?
The last sentence is:

His [Guardiola’s] willingness to raise such issues and show solidarity should be applauded and followed by football people - and extended to human rights everywhere, including for those languishing in prison in the country of his employer”

There’s nothing there that’s either ridiculous bias or unfounded criticism.
Yes, I thought the article was fair. We have to acknowledge that standards in our owners country are not the same as here.
There is, however, a lot of nonsense written about it by ignorant people and trollers, especially in the Grauniad.
The middle East is a constant battle between conservative, reform and religious groups and does not make governance easy. Does anybody know if Sheik Mansour is a reformer?
We should also not forget that the UK has much to answer for on the human rights front by taking part in an illegal invasion of Iraq and all the fall out from that episode.

Yes, I thought the article was fair. We have to acknowledge that standards in our owners country are not the same as here.
There is, however, a lot of nonsense written about it by ignorant people and trollers, especially in the Grauniad.
The middle East is a constant battle between conservative, reform and religious groups and does not make governance easy. Does anybody know if Sheik Mansour is a reformer?
We should also not forget that the UK has much to answer for on the human rights front by taking part in an illegal invasion of Iraq and all the fall out from that episode.

Nail. Head. Our role in destabilising the entire region, leading to a vacuum duly filled by murdering filth, should not be understated. Alas though the British Government or a consortium led by Tony Blair doesn’t own any English football clubs

Or the destabalisation of Syria, backed and even promoted by us...... and then when it got a bit tricky, abandoned by us. Oh and then when they try and flee the carnage in boats across the Med we wash our hands even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.