United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting worse, whilst still winning and will comfortably finish 2nd. Dropping 1 point is getting worse now too? I wouldn't use this logic when looking at city then mate, title will be back on.

They won't finish second comfortably at all. Also they're not winning any more than they used to, but they're conceding more and scraping those wins instead.

They won't finish second comfortably at all. Also they're not winning any more than they used to, but they're conceding more and scraping those wins instead.

Scraping a win is winning though isn't it? We can all say they aren't great to watch but last couple of weeks they have beat Liverpool and Chelsea whilst getting what turned out to be a good win at Palace. They are 4 points clear of second with a good run of games minus us to the end of the season. I don't think they will bridge a gap to us by any means for next year but if they win well or scrape through you still get the same amount of points. Many on here had them to drop points against Liverpool and even Palace, same a bit back when they had Watford and Arsenal away after each other.

32 teams qualifying for the Champions League and the teams that fail to do so dropping into the Europa? Really it should be 17th best as 8 3rd placed CL teams drop into the Europa knock out stage.

Except they didn't qualify to be in the top 32 as they finished 5th

Scraping a win is winning though isn't it? We can all say they aren't great to watch but last couple of weeks they have beat Liverpool and Chelsea whilst getting what turned out to be a good win at Palace. They are 4 points clear of second with a good run of games minus us to the end of the season. I don't think they will bridge a gap to us by any means for next year but if they win well or scrape through you still get the same amount of points. Many on here had them to drop points against Liverpool and even Palace, same a bit back when they had Watford and Arsenal away after each other.

Rags are riding their luck , Palace threw a two goal lead away , Chelsea had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside , and any one of the three Dippers penalty claims could/should have been given , but i do like the fact that some people actually believe they are a good football team with a tactically astute manager , it contributes to the delusion of the average Swampdweller when the reality is they are actually light years behind europes best clubs with a manager basing his tactics on a 1980's serie A team.

Rags are riding their luck , Palace threw a two goal lead away , Chelsea had a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside , and any one of the three Dippers penalty claims could/should have been given , but i do like the fact that some people actually believe they are a good football team with a tactically astute manager , it contributes to the delusion of the average Swampdweller when the reality is they are actually light years behind europes best clubs with a manager basing his tactics on a 1980's serie A team.

It is certainly papering over the cracks which I don't even mind as they feel there is genuine progression there and long may it continue. They aren't getting worse though

Probably more a case of the piss-easy start they had in the league this year. They didn't play a top half team (maybe one) until October, if I remember rightly. Which, to be fair, they won.

How good was Rashford's first goal? I know he's massively overhyped, but Jesus that was a lovely goal. Fully reminded you of Cristiano Ronaldo in his pomp. Sanchez on the other hand... think we might have dodged a bullet there. Doesn't look like his form's improved at all since leaving Arsenal.

Give it a wipe and put it away mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.