Stoke (A) Post Match thread

After the game and Manure will be offered to form a guard of honour (LOL) , we will also be able to do the rounds again at our next home game officially.
Last home game for the trophy presentation, isn't it?

Another masterclass from the team, especially Dave - like a fine wine he gets better with age.

Fair play to some guys on the oatcake calling out a member for historical numbers. I'll miss Stoke away if they go down.
Just checked it. I think they are being a bit hard on themselves tbh. They hustled as best they could with it taking an almost inch perfect bit of play between 3 players to break them down. The prem is a tough league, 2 wins on the bounce see's them knocking around mid table, it is that tight.

All things considered they had a go when they could and only lost by 2 goals. We have done more damage to better first teams than Stoke so they can't be to down on themselves for that loss.

A brilliantly devastating performance from front to back. As I've said from his 2nd season here, David Silva is one of the 2 best City players in our history along with Yaya. But taking a look at their respective legacies, that accolade has now got to solely go to David Silva.

It's always baffled me when opposition fans mention KDB & Aguero as our best current player, but when asked most City fans will say either Yaya or Silva. Tonight David Silva showed why he is not only the best player in our history, he also showed why he is the best player in the PL & ranks alongside Scholes, Cantona, Giggs, Henry, Vieira, Ronaldo, Bergkamp, Gerrard & Lampard as the very best this league has ever seen.

He is the consummate professional & how he is used now shows how criminal it was of our previous incumbent to continuosly maroon him out on the left wing.

Tonight was a very professional performance & how reassuring it was to see Captain Komps leading from the front by example. It's just a pity I can't place my faith in him because who knows when he'll break down again.

We have 8 games to go & we need to keep going right until the end to give this season & Guardiola the ending they both deserves.

Pep has spoken in dispatches of staying here for 10 years. Soriano has spoken of how he, Begiristain & Guardiola are trusted to do as they believe best by Khaldoon & Sheikh Mansour. As such, all three men have the autonomy & support to work as they wish, so in that respect I hope they all sign for the long term.

Manchester City Football Club deserves Pep Guardiola, Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain & all three men deserve Manchester City. Tonight has yet again proved this...

Some members of the press will vote for Silva purely because of a belief that voting for the less obvious and more subtlety talented player somehow makes them sound more knowledgeable. Still think KDB will get it though. There's little in it for me. Both dreamy as fuck.
POTY awards bother me little. However, I can't see past Kane or Salah, purely based on the fact they don't play for City.

Just checked it. I think they are being a bit hard on themselves tbh. They hustled as best they could with it taking an almost inch perfect bit of play between 3 players to break them down. The prem is a tough league, 2 wins on the bounce see's them knocking around mid table, it is that tight.

All things considered they had a go when they could and only lost by 2 goals. We have done more damage to better first teams than Stoke so they can't be to down on themselves for that loss.
Agreed..

imo David Silva is the greatest player to ever wear our shirt. When he decides to leave the game, I really hope our club has something special planned for him. He continues to be the ultimate professional.
Stoke were actually better than some of the other top 6 to play us. They defended tight and denied us space and time although we never looked like we were out of second gear. I don’t think they’ll survive even though they just need a couple of wins to lift them.
Hopefully Nico will recover quickly, Gabby was a real pest and is just getting his eye in for the final push.
Toffees will make it difficult for us as usual but we certainly have the momentum and desire to win that & then I would love for us to take the rags apart to seal the season with VK,Merlin & Kun all scoring.

Great performance, such a joy to watch the maturity and control we have.
Wonderful goals, the 3 passes leading up to each were perfect.
Come on City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.