David Conn

2 years on from the exposure of the complete and utter financial sham and undemocratic way The Moston Rag Socks was being run - the club that in his book was held up as the bastion of all things good about the game - Conn still hasn't taken to print to say a negative word about his new found friends.
And until he does, then I have no respect for anything else he writes.

It was rather ironic that the issue of the Observer carrying his article about Pep's supposed hypocrisy in not speaking out against political prisoners in Abu Dhabi also had a double page spread of paid-for content promoting the country as a tourist venue. I assume a journalist of Conn's integrity won't be writing for them again

2 years on from the exposure of the complete and utter financial sham and undemocratic way The Moston Rag Socks was being run - the club that in his book was held up as the bastion of all things good about the game - Conn still hasn't taken to print to say a negative word about his new found friends.
And until he does, then I have no respect for anything else he writes.
FC ****s are a fucking disgrace! Between Walsh, Walker and that other twat who's name escapes me, they've plundered that Club to the verge of bankruptcy. I'm originally from Moston and when I go back to visit friends or family if genuinely feel sick driving past that squalid little hovel.

He's not anti city. He's anti our owners and he's entitled to that opinion. Doesn't make him a wanker. He doesn't only write about us and his work on Hillsborough was excellent.

It isn't just our current owners that he hates, he hates City and, supposedly, what it stands for. He longs for lads getting the bus to the game then stood on the terraces, having a beer and a laugh having paid 3 bob to get in. That is why he so actively promoted FCUM. As MES says, he has not commented on how the so called fans club has been fleeced by the so called fans who managed the club and how it is just a crock of shite as they are just like all the rest selling out to $ky etc. He hated City before 2008 he just never had a vehicle with which to promote his bitterness.

It isn't just our current owners that he hates, he hates City and, supposedly, what it stands for. He longs for lads getting the bus to the game then stood on the terraces, having a beer and a laugh having paid 3 bob to get in. That is why he so actively promoted FCUM. As MES says, he has not commented on how the so called fans club has been fleeced by the so called fans who managed the club and how it is just a crock of shite as they are just like all the rest selling out to $ky etc. He hated City before 2008 he just never had a vehicle with which to promote his bitterness.
I started to read 'Richer than God' but gave up about a quarter of the way in because I couldn't take him seriously, such were the extreme levels of his naivety around football, its finances in particular. It was as if the book had been written by an articulate child who had never been allowed to play outside.

Clubs were much less accountable during the period he has nostalgic cravings for, with the recently well-publicised and sinister consequences that frequently flowed from that. The era he pines for has gone, never to return. There's no point dreaming for the impossible, other than for the purposes of self-indulgence.

His dislike of the modern game isn't limited to City, he's written critical articles about lots of clubs and questioned the involvement of all kinds of people in the game. It's a side of football a lot of people hate, including some City fans, and some people want to read about it. People might think his views are outdated and not viable, but I think our fans need to stop taking everything he says so personally. If people don't like his subject area then don't read it. No need to cherry pick whenever he mentions us though, post it on here and call him a wanker.

With regards to FC United, I have no idea how he feels about them now, but i can see why people found it an appealing idea when it first started. The Guardian have published articles written by other journalists about FC United since it all went to shit so maybe they didn't ask for one from him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.