United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remembered Herrera's comments.

"To win the Champions League would be enormous for us. Massive.

“So if you said City win the title and we win the Champions League this time, I would sign that document right now.

You won't be signing fuck all you gobby cùnt.

He will..... process papers at Alhaurin de la Torre await.....

I bet Amazon are kicking themselves for choosing the wrong team to make a documentary about. They should have made it on the Rags and called it United Were Not. Throw in various quotes from the so called experts about what they were going to do over the season and you would have pure comedy goal. The DVD would have made excellent Xmas presents to give to your RAG mates

Only deluded idiots would watch them winning games and claim they are getting worse. I like your logic though, when they are winning there is a defence to claim they are getting worse but when they lose a game bang that's it they must be getting worse. Last night was fantastic although for me it was lost in the first leg going ultra defensive against quite an average side. Tactically over two legs they got it horribly wrong which was a joy to see. I enjoy them losing as much as anyone, I just don't bury my head in the sand over their abilities.

Anyone who has watched them could see this result coming, because it's exactly the way they've been playing, against Liverpool and Crystal Palace, and Newcastle the other week and even the Chelsea game they won.

This is why I (and others) said they were getting worse, because they are. They are sitting deeper, scoring fewer goals and not keeping clean sheets any more. The fact that Palace shit the bed and Liverpool gifted them goals didn't mean United played well, it covered up the fact they were poor. Even poor sides like Newcastle can get results against them if they just manage to not make a huge error defensively over 90 minutes.

At the beginning of the season, they were relatively compact and broke forward in numbers. Now Mourinho has fallen out with Pogba because he wasn't focusing enough on defending, has dropped them 10 yards deeper and now has them just waiting for the opposition to make a mistake.

They are a worse team now than in November.

Last edited:
From Rag Cafe last July: “At least one of their [Pep and PEG] reputations is going to take a massive hit this season”.

Is it too early to take a stab at answering that one?

Looking forward to seeing the huge "Mind the Gap" banner in the Sevilla end tonight, courtesy of those pesky blinders from Brooklands & Baguley.

If our Spanish friends manage to get it in, it will be comedy gold.

So, did this get in does anyone know?

It's weird. For some reason, which I can't figure out, people in work today are avoiding me. These are the same people who were very keen to talk to me on the morning after the Wigan game.
Don't stoop Jim. Just be pleasant and smile (smugly)

That calmness obviously deserted him for their second, flap flap, flappy.

He was hugging Sevilla players at the end with a big smile across his chops.
Yep. That too looked like someone who was ready to go :)

Perhaps I'm being a little too hopeful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.