United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got carried away by last season when they got extremely lucky. Southampton battered them in the league cup final but lost and they won a Europa league that was the poorest I ever remember. That allowed them a back door entry into the champions league that they weren't ready for and didn't deserve.

It has been interesting to watch them since Ferguson retired, as a club but more importantly a fan base. The rags attract a certain type of person who supports them. Showy, boastful they are in it the reflected glory winning brings. Some of them have grown up knowing only success and trophies. This created the spoilt kid syndrome. Always being given everything they wanted and if the kid next door got a bigger toy then straight away they would be bought a bigger one still. They could then still be the main kid in the playground and all was well in their world. Ferguson's noisy neighbour's quote summed this mindset up perfectly.

The last few years their little world has imploded and like all spoilt kids getting a dose of reality the tantrums and sense of outrage are a joy to behold. As a consequence all their principles and bullshit myths are going out of the window in their desperate attempts to still be cool and relevant. Trophies they once sneered at as being below them are now called titles. Playing football the right way? Forget that, hoof it long so long as they win!! Anything to be known as winners, the top team, glory glory Man United!! Their pain is wonderful to see and long may it continue, at least as long as that despicable fucking banner hung at the swamp!

They were well beaten by a relatively poor Seville team, which just highlights further their false position in the league, they were fookin awful last night and most of em went missing, without De Gea they would be below Burnley for sure.

Can some one help me out and post that vid of the laughing Spanish/south American guy on a chat show, I have seen two versions one with subtitles taking the piss out of a scum match I think

They got carried away by last season when they got extremely lucky. Southampton battered them in the league cup final but lost and they won a Europa league that was the poorest I ever remember. That allowed them a back door entry into the champions league that they weren't ready for and didn't deserve.

It has been interesting to watch them since Ferguson retired, as a club but more importantly a fan base. The rags attract a certain type of person who supports them. Showy, boastful they are in it the reflected glory winning brings. Some of them have grown up knowing only success and trophies. This created the spoilt kid syndrome. Always being given everything they wanted and if the kid next door got a bigger toy then straight away they would be bought a bigger one still. They could then still be the main kid in the playground and all was well in their world. Ferguson's noisy neighbour's quote summed this mindset up perfectly.

The last few years their little world has imploded and like all spoilt kids getting a dose of reality the tantrums and sense of outrage are a joy to behold. As a consequence all their principles and bullshit myths are going out of the window in their desperate attempts to still be cool and relevant. Trophies they once sneered at as being below them are now called titles. Playing football the right way? Forget that, hoof it long so long as they win!! Anything to be known as winners, the top team, glory glory Man United!! Their pain is wonderful to see and long may it continue, at least as long as that despicable fucking banner hung at the swamp!
Brilliant post that, mate. Especially the bit at the end ;-)

I bet Amazon are kicking themselves for choosing the wrong team to make a documentary about. They should have made it on the Rags and called it United Were Not. Throw in various quotes from the so called experts about what they were going to do over the season and you would have pure comedy goal. The DVD would have made excellent Xmas presents to give to your RAG mates
Seriously though, it would have been an amazing story if they had tracked both teams from the start of the season.

I don't really watch enough of them to know but if you took that performance in isolation you'd have to suspect that he's lost much of that dressing room. Certainly pogba looks like he doesn't want to play for him, presumably those rumours of a fall out were true and absolutely no doubt pogba holds a lot of sway in that dressing room. I think we are very much seeing the beginning of the end for mourinho there, it's all unravelling as it usually does with him after a couple of years.
When Pogba was about to come on, Maureen scornfully barked instructions towards him.
No eye contact or pat in the back Pep style encouragement. It's obvious they have had a bust up and the body language of Maureen suggests that it is still ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.