United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are in a real pickle.

If they keep Mourinho the players the sign will not reach their potential and the style will be awful...but they'll slog out results just like they did this year and probably will do better than most if not all of Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal.

If they get a new man (or woman) the football could be much more positive and there could be a better chance of new signings settling in well. But what's the likelihood that even then they'll do better than with Mourinho? It's very risky.

I think they have to stick with Mourinho until the fans can't take no more. Then if it goes tits up the fans can be blamed for it and it it turns out great if was the owners great foresight.

I'm just enjoying the show. :-)

Seriously though, it would have been an amazing story if they had tracked both teams from the start of the season.
That documentary could turn out to be the best PR this club has ever had, apart from the time Trevor Francis did that radio advert encouraging people to come to Maine Road and then got sent of for head butting in the next home game.

Anyone who has watched them could see this result coming, because it's exactly the way they've been playing, against Liverpool and Crystal Palace, and Newcastle the other week and even the Chelsea game they won.

This is why I (and others) said they were getting worse, because they are. They are sitting deeper, scoring fewer goals and not keeping clean sheets any more. The fact that Palace shit the bed and Liverpool gifted them goals didn't mean United played well, it covered up the fact they were poor. Even poor sides like Newcastle can get results against them if they just manage to not make a huge error defensively over 90 minutes.

At the beginning of the season, they were relatively compact and broke forward in numbers. Now Mourinho has fallen out with Pogba because he wasn't focusing enough on defending, has dropped them 10 yards deeper and now has them just waiting for the opposition to make a mistake.

They are a worse team now than in November.

You could argue it either way, that August-November period could be looked at differently. For me they over achieved if anything during that time, scoring goals but Swansea and Everton to name but two where they banged them in the last few minutes. I just think during a period where they've beat United and Liverpool it just seemed daft to say they are getting worse, the second they lose it is very easy then to use that as the argument. If they won you wouldn't have said oh hang on maybe they're not but mad how a defeat then somehow proves the point. Either way they aren't going forwards and improving which is the best thing about it all. Long may that continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.