United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a very good feeling that Sevilla would do them. Contrary to the 'expert' punditry opinion that the first-leg was a good result for Utd, I felt that but for De Gea Sevilla would have won quite comfortably and that they would take that goal threat to the second leg. A 0-0 draw away in the first leg is always a dangerous result in this competition.

I always enjoy Utd defeats and this has been the best for a while. The reaction to it all, from Mourinho and the pundits, has made it even better.

I'll second that.

And add, there's a warning here to all of us who have supported City through think and very thin: we must ensure that the young and those who are new to our club truly understand that success is not a right and football is about more than just winning trophies.

Thank heavens that we have owners who have a well thought out strategy and the means and will to develop a style of play that will both entertain and deliver silverware whilst all concerned remain humble.

I hope we have learnt our lesson from 2012 when we had our foot on the swamp rat's neck and took it off as they squealed. This time ignore the squealing and press and stamp until they are ground out of relevance and existence. No mercy or pity I want these fuckers gone!

If you think they will ever change just look at their reaction when we lost to Wigan. Silent for weeks then all over social media celebrating our loss. I told them to make the most of it because it doesn't happen often these days.

As for educating those coming after us every blue needs a picture of that banner to show them. Then explain how a club who at that time were the most successful in England and Europe on occasion weren't satisfied with celebrating that. Oh no they had to mock and taunt their neighbour's who were infinitely poorer than they were and at that time had no chance of competing on a level playing field with them. Not only that but the odds on their neighbour's ever winning a trophy or playing in European football again were almost zero. This was also the same neighbour's who allowed them to use their ground when their's was bombed in the war. The banner was also allowed with the full approval of the people who ran that vile club. Never forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.