CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Just laughing at Wio on BT.

Wio “City have a weakness defensively’
Linekar “ They have the best defensive record in the Premier League”
Wio “I know but I see them as weak”

Oh dear... love it when pundits just make it up....

Classic. In other words, you didn't know, did you?

It’s supposed to be a fair and impartial draw, let’s see, the powers that will be crave a Real v Barca final, so all we can do is beat who comes infront of us.
I think we’ll draw one of these two.

I wish to see :

1 match between Barca, Madrid and Bayern.
Liverpool to draw the remaining team of above 3.
1 match between Seville, Roma or Juventus
Us to draw the remaining team.

Something like
Liverpool vs Barca
Madrid vs Bayern
Seville vs Juventus
City vs Roma

It’s supposed to be a fair and impartial draw, let’s see, the powers that will be crave a Real v Barca final, so all we can do is beat who comes infront of us.
I think we’ll draw one of these two.

Even for those doubtful about the draws, I think we are beyond that now; there are 6 really strong teams in the last 8, so they can't keep all the big names apart. In fact if Sevilla draw Roma, the other 3 ties will be huge, whatever the matches are.

Anyone but Liverpool please

This is what I've been thinking all week. But then when I thought about it, we're 21 points ahead of them in the league. There's a reason for that, we're absolutely miles better than them.

Yes they have a great front 3, but so do we. They have a shite midfield, a shite defence and a shite goalkeeper. Ours are all mega.

We had a dreadful 10 minute spell at Anfield where we fell apart. We didn't have Kompany or Silva on the pitch and the leadership they offer (in very different ways, of course).

Despite our worst performance of the season, we still managed to score 3 at Anfield. 4-3 away from home in the Champions League is a fantastic result at this stage. I'd take that now and fancy us to win it at home.

The Anfield hoodoo is a bit of a factor, but we're not exactly mugs at home ourselves. For my money, we're the best team in Europe at the moment and every other team in the draw will be praying they avoid us.

Bring them on, whoever they are!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.