CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

It’s supposed to be a fair and impartial draw, let’s see, the powers that will be crave a Real v Barca final.

If they wanted that final, they would never put both of them against PSG and Chelsea.

This is what I've been thinking all week. But then when I thought about it, we're 21 points ahead of them in the league. There's a reason for that, we're absolutely miles better than them.

Yes they have a great front 3, but so do we. They have a shite midfield, a shite defence and a shite goalkeeper. Ours are all mega.

We had a dreadful 10 minute spell at Anfield where we fell apart. We didn't have Kompany or Silva on the pitch and the leadership they offer (in very different ways, of course).

Despite our worst performance of the season, we still managed to score 3 at Anfield. 4-3 away from home in the Champions League is a fantastic result at this stage. I'd take that now and fancy us to win it at home.

The Anfield hoodoo is a bit of a factor, but we're not exactly mugs at home ourselves. For my money, we're the best team in Europe at the moment and every other team in the draw will be praying they avoid us.

Bring them on, whoever they are!

+1

Clubelo rankings of last 8

1 Barcelona

2 Real Madrid

3 CITY

4 Juventus

5 Bayern

9 Liverpool

13 Roma

19 Sevilla

So going off that and, if it were seeded the draw would be

Sevilla vs Barcelona

Roma vs Real Madrid

Liverpool vs City

Bayern vs Juventus

That last tie is very difficult to predict.

I think we’ll get Roma.

City vs Roma

Liverpool vs Bayern

Barcelona vs Juventus

Sevilla vs Real Madrid

We won't win it as we are not clinical enough in front if goal. That said, Roma or Sevilla would be nice as that would give us the best chance of getting to the Semi final.

If the draw is fixed it will be Liverpool, Bayern or Barca with the first leg at home.

Nobody wants City, that's for sure. I travel around Europe a lot for work, and everyone I talk football to is convinced we'll win it and we're the best team in Europe. These are people with little knowledge of City's historical deficiencies and no emotional attachment to our club, so most are pretty neutral. It's weird to hear strangers everywhere I go talk about *my* club like that! And weirder still that I spend my time telling these people they're wrong, that these things don't happen to City, to looks of bemusement!

I quite fancy Munich next, as they're the big scalp we have the best chance to beat, although I'll probably take anyone but Barcelona as giving us a good chance to progress

We need to be more clinical, whoever we draw, especially on those 4 v 3 counter attacks, where the ball often ends near the corner flag, or back on the half way line.

Not a problem in the Premier League, but we should have won easier against United and Chelsea (twice) rather than almost conceding a late sloppy, late equalizer.

Do that against Juventus, or Madrid, and we’ll be out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.