United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great to see Sanchez on his haunches looking shell shocked after another crushing defeat. You took your thirty pieces of silver, here is your reward. At least you got to play for the team you dreamed about playing for when you were a kid kicking that football about in the dusty backstreets of Chile eh?

I hope he hates it there! Cos there’s no chance of him leaving. No one will pay anywhere near what he is on there so he will have to sit back and count the money at his childhood club.

It's great to see Sanchez on his haunches looking shell shocked after another crushing defeat. You took your thirty pieces of silver, here is your reward. At least you got to play for the team you dreamed about playing for when you were a kid kicking that football about in the dusty backstreets of Chile eh?

Karma is indeed a woman.

I hope he hates it there! Cos there’s no chance of him leaving. No one will pay anywhere near what he is on there so he will have to sit back and count the money at his childhood club.

Exactly. He is fast approaching 30 and looks a busted flush. Even worse for his last club and now the rags he doesn't look like he cares or is trying. They couldn't give him away at the moment and no one would pay his wages. It is just wonderful.

Who is a 'senior figure' in Utd's boardroom ?

It’s probably Gill talking on behalf of Charlton and Ferguson. The three of them are probably plotting to oust Mourinho but might be struggling to convince the Glaziers who will back their Chief Exec who remains for now in Maureen’s corner. I guess Woodward is in a difficult position - all he’s done is sack Managers since he joined - which obviously isn’t the United way. Sit back and watch there is a lot of trouble and infighting at that club and Maureen’s departure is inevitable it’s just a question of when - personally I hope it’s another 18 months but I can’t see him being there in August.

Exactly. He is fast approaching 30 and looks a busted flush. Even worse for his last club and now the rags he doesn't look like he cares or is trying. They couldn't give him away at the moment and no one would pay his wages. It is just wonderful.
Scored one goal in 10 and that was a follow up to a pen. Signing Sanchez has undoubtedly caused a rift in the dressing room over his salary. Pogba won't be happy about not being on the same money. Neither of them has played well since Sanchez signed. More brats there than your average Beverly hills kindergarten.

I got stuck behind a Rag on the way to work this morning. He was driving a C-Class Merc, with a personalised plate (Ending in UTD), and a small Scum club crest in the back window. It did make me chuckle that it had a BlueTEC badge on it though.

The sense of entitlement demonstrated by his style of driving was a perfect reflection of their Club and supporters. As I overtook him I was half expecting the wheels to come flying off his car, just like the wheels have come flying off their club.

SCUM!

Good analysis PB, at best, Pogba looks like he's trying to stop a pass to a non-existent Seville right sided player. Terrible lack of awareness.
It's all of them. For some reason I can't post a screenshot but if you stop it at 2:41, the Sevilla player has the ball about 5 yards inside his own half and there isn't a rag player near him. They're all running back towards their own goal and no one is putting any pressure on him. We'd be converging on the ball carrier in numbers but they're all retreating, leaving him the freedom of the park.

Even worse, they've not blocked any of the channels - they're running back like headless chickens - and nor have the defenders moved up to cover the Sevilla forwards. The lad's got so many options;
  • he can put it over the top to Correa on the left touchline, because Valencia is way out of position;
  • he can play it forward to Ben Vedder, who's straight ahead of him and completely open;
  • he can play it to Sarabia on the right, who Pogba has let go without tracking;
  • he's also got the player just in front of him and the two players to his left.
There's no evidence of any coaching or football intelligence there. No one is thinking "We've got to put pressure on the player with the ball" or "I need to block off the possible pass and put myself in a position to intercept it". They've clearly not been drilled at all in the way that someone like Pep or Benitez would drill their players in detail to cover various eventualities. It's simply astonishing.

It's all of them. For some reason I can't post a screenshot but if you stop it at 2:41, the Sevilla player has the ball about 5 yards inside his own half and there isn't a rag player near him. They're all running back towards their own goal and no one is putting any pressure on him. We'd be converging on the ball carrier in numbers but they're all retreating, leaving him the freedom of the park.

Even worse, they've not blocked any of the channels - they're running back like headless chickens - and nor have the defenders moved up to cover the Sevilla forwards. The lad's got so many options;
  • he can put it over the top to Correa on the left touchline, because Valencia is way out of position;
  • he can play it forward to Ben Vedder, who's straight ahead of him and completely open;
  • he can play it to Sarabia on the right, who Pogba has let go without tracking;
  • he's also got the player just in front of him and the two players to his left.
There's no evidence of any coaching or football intelligence there. No one is thinking "We've got to put pressure on the player with the ball" or "I need to block off the possible pass and put myself in a position to intercept it". They've clearly not been drilled at all in the way that someone like Pep or Benitez would drill their players in detail to cover various eventualities. It's simply astonishing.
And yet the press continue to link him with PSG. Why would anyone at PSG (or any other half-decent club) watch what's going on at the rags and think that's just what they need?

Funny, everyone else knew what he was like before they gave him the job.

This is what astounds me. Everyone here predicted that this is what would happen, both the biased (most of us) and those dispassionate enough to try to analyze them without our blue-tinted specs. To either, it was as plain as the nose on your face. How can so many express incredulity at the football they’re playing with him in charge? I think they’ve overachieved. They are further behind us than at any time in the post-Purple nose era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.