It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weigl for 100 milion. He will be our big signing. Leao for about 35 million, Gomez from PSG on a free and that's it I suspect. Have to think about champions league squad of 17 foreign players. We are extremely tight for space. Ideally you do not want to leave anyone out. I know Muric now qualifies as homegrown but if you include zinchenko in squad we still use all 17 foreign spots. This means players will have to leave/left out of squad . For me Yaya will leave, Weigl to replace him,after that I don't know who will leave. It would be bad to sell zinchenko given the good season he has had but I suspect if we bring in another foreign player then he will be the one sacrificed. Or Kompany may be dropped for the champions league squad.

Stopped reading at Weigl for £100,000,000

The good thing is we can include MAffeo and Angelino without losing players. But to sell Danilo and zinchenko and rely on both MAffeo and Angelino as cover for walker and Mendy seems like weakining the team to me. Would rather keep Danilo and loan out zinchenko. So Danilo would be second RB and third LB if needed. However that still leaves us with 17 foreign players. Even if you sell Bravo you would still need to replace him with a foreign or association trained player.
Maffeo 2nd choice RB, Angelino 3rd choice LB behind Mendy and Delph would be good

Definitely no loans for Zinny, Díaz or Foden for me. Most of the players we loan out tend to struggle for gametime and that can really damage their chances. I'd rather they stay here unless a perfect club comes in who will use them regularly (Maffeo at Girona, Roberts at Celtic).

My cynical side sees a loan as a kiss of death, a subtle confirmation that a player has no future here.

I agree in fact unless the team they are loaned to play our type of football the loan period will be counter productive to the players development.
I see loans as a way to try to sell that player within a larger exposure window rather than to develop him for PL selection at City.

There is one of the city Facebook pages that is reporting that pep will get £150m to spend in the summer? Surely with today’s prices that won’t get much? Thanks to PSG and Neymar a £20m player now goes for £60m!

Last edited:
There is one of the city Facebook pages that is repairing that pep will get £150m to spend in the summer? Surely with today’s prices that won’t get much? Thanks to PSG and Neymar a £20m player now goes for £60m!
Think we only need 2 That would buy Bailey and Weigl,

There is one of the city Facebook pages that is repairing that pep will get £150m to spend in the summer? Surely with today’s prices that won’t get much? Thanks to PSG and Neymar a £20m player now goes for £60m!
Enough for a dm and a winger

last year we spent a fortune on quality and experience which is why so many were successful , this year I think it is going to be about improving the b team and youth with maybe one top quality signing, but we are dependant on who wants to leave the possibilities for me are
Bravo just bring back Gunn
Kompany Pep might believe he already has cover in Stones Ottamendi Laporte and Mendy not mentioning the 2 youngsters
Mangala Laporte is already here
Yaya a lot of politics to be done but still think it is going to be Fred if not Ndombele
Agüero he might want to leave no idea of who is good enough to replace him but there is where the big bucks get spent
Zinchenko I think Pep will go for an understudy for Sterling and Sane possibly Bailey but I prefer Lozano
after that it is youth
Standler
Gomes
Leao
Sessegnon
all of them for the EDS team with a view to cup games

@tolmie's hairdoo said that there was an agreement to go and get 4 as his first post? I agree we don’t need many but a DM, Versatile front 3 player and possibly another LB?
Think he may be wrong on this one, maybe he was sill thinking Fred which seems to have been dropped and could Gomes from PSG have been the 4th. Don't know but every other source and even Pep seem to be saying 2.
The other thing is I don't see who leaves to fit more than 2 in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.