It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he may be wrong on this one, maybe he was sill thinking Fred which seems to have been dropped and could Gomes from PSG have been the 4th. Don't know but every other source and even Pep seem to be saying 2.
The other thing is I don't see who leaves to fit more than 2 in the squad.

Possibly mate and I totally agree about squad harmony and I think it’s obvious to see the squad enjoy each other’s company and won’t even peak together until another year or so!! If it was 2 players I would personally love Fabinho and bailey

Current squad:
Ederson, Bravo, Muric, Walker, Danilo, Kompany, Otamendi, Laporte, Stones, Mendy, Delph, Fernandinho, Toure, De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan, Zinchenko, Foden, Brahim, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo, Aguero, Jesus

On loan (with respects to playing here next year or being sold): Maffeo, Gunn, Angelino, Ambrose, M. Garcia, Celina, Mangala, Denayer, Hart, Roberts, Harrison

Release/Sell: Toure, Mangala, Denayer, Hart, Roberts, Celina
Keep for the first team: Maffeo, Gunn (if we sell Bravo), Angelino (or a loan to someone like Wolves)

M. Garcia, Gunn, and Harrison all three could either be sold or loaned, but think Gunn is the only one who could stay next year. Ambrose will be sold or loaned. Any other player I didn't include I think will either be loaned out again or will not fit in the plans for the future.

Bring in an attacker who can play across the front three (Bailey is my preference), and one or two midfielders. With the latest news of Fred I have no clue who we'll be targeting. Then for next year I would like loans for:
Muric (Girona, NAC Breda, etc.)
Maffeo (Valencia) this is only if we don't want to go into next season with 3 RBs/want to keep Danilo
Angelino (Wolves/Bristol City) this is only if Pep doesn't keep him to be Mendy's backup
A. Garcia (not sure on destination as he's not getting a ton of minutes for Girona)
D. Luiz (see A. Garcia)
Ambrose (Championship or France, again this is if he isn't sold)
M. Garcia (Girona/PL/Championship) personally think we'll sell him but he should at least get a chance in preseason
Harrison (PL)
Potentially loan Brahim for more playing time, but only if we extend him first as his deal is up in 2019. Foden should stay with us next season while he still physically develops.

Stopped reading at Weigl for £100,000,000

You think he will go for less? The transfer market has changed. Players like Morata, who are not regular starters , are sold for 70 million. Dortmund sold Dembele to Barcelona for 100 million and he only played for them one season. Why would they not look for a similar price for Weigl?

You think he will go for less? The transfer market has changed. Players like Morata, who are not regular starters , are sold for 70 million. Dortmund sold Dembele to Barcelona for 100 million and he only played for them one season. Why would they not look for a similar price for Weigl?

Because Dembele's last season with Dortmund he actually played well. Weigl this year hasn't been awful but compared to previous seasons he's looked a Championship player at times.

Really hope we go for Fabinho to be honest. Offers the versatility that pep likes as well and means we could let Danilo leave

Cause he's the most over rated player in Europe...?

Cause he's the most over rated player in Europe...?

All about opinions but I think Pep would make him the best defensive midfielder in the game. Needs developing and playing in the right system. It will all depend upon whether Pep rates him I guess.

I'm bored and there really doesn't seem to be any solid news we can get excited about right now so here's what I think will happen in the summer in terms of outs:

Out:
Bravo - Not sure on this one, apparently he's contracted until 2020 so would only be because he isn't happy with the amount of playing time he's getting. Don't think we'd get much for him but I could see him enjoying himself in Portugal or Italy.

Delph - Just not a reliable enough back up for me, too frequently injured. Having injured one cruciate ligament you are 15x more likely to injure the other side in the first year following injury, now I think this stat includes normal people and not professional atheletes with the resources we have but absolute worst case scenario this could happen to Bendy. If it does I think we should have a more natural option at backup than 2 central midfielders who happen to be left footed, regardless of how well they have done. Delph is also good enough to be in the first team of most premier league sides and he deserves the game time if he can stay fit.

Zinchenko - He's not a left back and he's not going to play CM for us any time soon so the best thing for his development is to move on this summer. Hopefully with a buy back because he's great but I can see him moving to a good Bundesliga side like Gladbach and tearing it up for a year or two. £15 million with a nice buy back, significantly more if not.

Danilo - Has been very good but could be getting an awful lot more game time elsewhere and I just prefer Maffeo, especially as he counts as home grown for CL - possibly club trained as well(?). £20 million.

Denayer - Not going to make it in the first team, didn't behave especially well last summer, we should give him the chance at a fresh start somewhere. £10-15 million.

Angelino - Only seen him play in the last two pre seasons with the first team and he's looked out of depth but he's definitely turned my head some this year. Think he'll still be sold though. £13 million

Tosin (loan) - Needs first team football to really discover what he can do. Has looked assured for the first team when he's featured just needs to gain confidence over a full season and then we'll have quite the player on our hands. I think Breda next year and then a tactically good club like Fulham year after - at that point Vinnie will have gone and he can step right in.

Diaz (loan) - The kid could be a world beater but he desperately needs first team minutes to channel that raw talent into form. Maybe Girona?

Gunn (loan but tough call) - All accounts suggest he's loving life at Norwich and since he'd be struggling for minutes here why not let him play there again? Could be our backup if Bravo leaves or could easily play in the premier league.

Foden (maybe loan) - I don't think Foden needs a loan, he's young enough and good enough to stay with the first team and pick up minutes wherever but equally I think he'd rip up trees somewhere like Breda so could have a crack at it.

Would take some ruthless management in there for the first team guys but I think thats what you need to do to stay on top at this level. All depends on the transfer ban talks though, we might be even more ruthless if this summer is our last window till Jan 20 or we could try not to disrupt what is already a very capable squad.

I'm bored and there really doesn't seem to be any solid news we can get excited about right now so here's what I think will happen in the summer in terms of outs:

Out:
Bravo - Not sure on this one, apparently he's contracted until 2020 so would only be because he isn't happy with the amount of playing time he's getting. Don't think we'd get much for him but I could see him enjoying himself in Portugal or Italy.

Delph - Just not a reliable enough back up for me, too frequently injured. Having injured one cruciate ligament you are 15x more likely to injure the other side in the first year following injury, now I think this stat includes normal people and not professional atheletes with the resources we have but absolute worst case scenario this could happen to Bendy. If it does I think we should have a more natural option at backup than 2 central midfielders who happen to be left footed, regardless of how well they have done. Delph is also good enough to be in the first team of most premier league sides and he deserves the game time if he can stay fit.

Zinchenko - He's not a left back and he's not going to play CM for us any time soon so the best thing for his development is to move on this summer. Hopefully with a buy back because he's great but I can see him moving to a good Bundesliga side like Gladbach and tearing it up for a year or two. £15 million with a nice buy back, significantly more if not.

Danilo - Has been very good but could be getting an awful lot more game time elsewhere and I just prefer Maffeo, especially as he counts as home grown for CL - possibly club trained as well(?). £20 million.

Denayer - Not going to make it in the first team, didn't behave especially well last summer, we should give him the chance at a fresh start somewhere. £10-15 million.

Angelino - Only seen him play in the last two pre seasons with the first team and he's looked out of depth but he's definitely turned my head some this year. Think he'll still be sold though. £13 million

Tosin (loan) - Needs first team football to really discover what he can do. Has looked assured for the first team when he's featured just needs to gain confidence over a full season and then we'll have quite the player on our hands. I think Breda next year and then a tactically good club like Fulham year after - at that point Vinnie will have gone and he can step right in.

Diaz (loan) - The kid could be a world beater but he desperately needs first team minutes to channel that raw talent into form. Maybe Girona?

Gunn (loan but tough call) - All accounts suggest he's loving life at Norwich and since he'd be struggling for minutes here why not let him play there again? Could be our backup if Bravo leaves or could easily play in the premier league.

Foden (maybe loan) - I don't think Foden needs a loan, he's young enough and good enough to stay with the first team and pick up minutes wherever but equally I think he'd rip up trees somewhere like Breda so could have a crack at it.

Would take some ruthless management in there for the first team guys but I think thats what you need to do to stay on top at this level. All depends on the transfer ban talks though, we might be even more ruthless if this summer is our last window till Jan 20 or we could try not to disrupt what is already a very capable squad.
If we get 10-15m for Denayer, then it is the luckiest deal of the century. Can`t see any clubs paying more than 5m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.