CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

I had a similar discussion with a friend of mine regarding hockey years ago. I kept saying that during a playoff series that one team was unlucky and the games were close because they were all ending with one goal difference but the team losing was getting more chances and always looked just about ready to change it. He had played for years professionally (though not top level) and said, the difference between hitting the pipes and going in is usually further than you think it is. Having a lot of shots that go wide, doesn't make it a quality chance. Even though I was caught on the stats of the situation, he correctly stated that the game was never in doubt.

Once Barca was up 1-0 nill after a couple minutes, they simply adjusted better. The shots that looked like they were close were almost as well hit as they could have been under the circumstance. Did you ever feel that Barca was in trouble? I didn't. They controlled the action from the start even without the ball and made the most of their opportunities. We've had a lot of occasions this year that we completely dominated play and came out 1 or 2 goals on top. I've watched Barca play 10 or so times this year. They are in full control but rarely look as imperious in their play as our guys do regularly.

Part of the fun of all of this is that we can watch the same match and come out of it with completely different view points of what was going on during play. And we can both be right, because it is just our opinions based on what we are looking for.

Some fair comments , but i am assuming shredded means absolutely battered , which isnt an accurate account of the two legs , 4-1 aggregate win flattered Barca , agree regarding the Blaugrana they are so similar to our style of football , but i seriously think they are not as good , we have better players all over the pitch apart from the little genius Messi , and that is my only concern. We stop Messi then we go a long way to stopping Barca , easier said than done.

Maybe they should've got closer to the goal, rather than speculating. I can''t see how anyone can call it unlucky.
Chelsea played some decent stuff last night, but were well off in the final third. They never really threatened, much.

Sure you went to the Blackburn promotion clincher we won 4-1 in 1999/2000 , and Rovers hit the post or bar probably about six times , i thought we were jammy as fuck to go in only 1-0 down at half time , i am so glad their speculating was that shit on the day :)

Order of preference:

1 Sevilla
2 Roma
3 Juventus
4 Liverpool
5 Real
6 Bayern
7 Barcelona
I would especially hate Roma - mainly because you just know Dzeko would end up scoring against us.

Of course same holds true for Navas / Sevilla but at least we would finally experience the sheer novelty of our hardworking 2014-16 vintage right winger put the ball in the net for a change!

Just done a quick random no frills draw in 30 seconds....none of this 60 minute shit the nearest thing to a special guest was Mrs Moon walking into the kitchen.

Juve v Liverpool

Munich v Madrid

Roma v Seville

Barca v City
Juve versus Liverpool could be brutal for the latter, they seem to be just the kind of street smart team that would outwit and destroy Liverpool

I am praying for Seville so that we can hopefully annoy united further ....if we beat them by playing at our very best.

Sevilla Vs City
Bayern Vs Real
Barca Vs Juve
Roma Vs Liverpool

Sure you went to the Blackburn promotion clincher we won 4-1 in 1999/2000 , and Rovers hit the post or bar probably about six times , i thought we were jammy as fuck to go in only 1-0 down at half time , i am so glad their speculating was that shit on the day :)

But I'm not talking about that game. Thought we was talking about Chelsea, last night ?

Juve versus Liverpool could be brutal for the latter, they seem to be just the kind of street smart team that would outwit and destroy Liverpool
In my opinion, if Liverpool get Barcelona, Real Madrid or Juventus they are going out. I would fancy them against Roma and Sevilla. If they get us or Bayern it's hard to call but I'd fancy us over two legs. Still don't want us to draw them though which seems odd considering we are 21 points ahead of them in the league but I just hate going to Anfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.