Can the derby date be changed?

Just pray we can get past that Everton game. Gonna get absolutely plastered for that rags game I can't wait.

WIth Chelsea out - BT SHOULD Have City playing Wednesday and Tuesday and Liverpool playing Tuesday and Wednesday - unless we play each other when it will be Tuesday and Wednesday.
I doubt our derby will be rescheduled at all. City v Utd Sat 7th April @17:30 and Everton v Liverpool Sun 8th April @14:15

BT have a huge say as to when the games will be played as they give UEFA the most cash.

True they will have influence, but I can't see them doing any favours to sky, and City v United at close to prime time on Sat could end up a casualty. Plus they will have an eye on the Barcelona and Real Madrid games. It will depend who everyone draws, as if for example City play Liverpool and Barca play Madrid, they would want City to clash with Seville v Roma and not the other Spanish game etc.

Posted this in the Brighton Date thread but useful for this one as well ...

Here's the remaining calendar for those still confused:
17/18 April - Tue/Wed - 8:00pm - FREE DATE - Strong possibility for Brighton

Brighton have got games on the previous Saturday and following Friday so it should be the Tuesday.

That's true, If Swansea beat Tottenham it might have to be rescheduled AFTER the Huddersfield game. Let's see what happens this weekend.
Is there not a spare midweek date
That's true, If Swansea beat Tottenham it might have to be rescheduled AFTER the Huddersfield game. Let's see what happens this weekend.
17/18 April is free.
So if Brighton and Swansea both qualify for the semis we would struggle to fit the games in.
If Brighton win only we could play them on 17/18 and Swansea on original date.
If Swansea win only we just swap the fixtures about.

I still want it at 5.30 on the Saturday.Lots of time for celebratory beers before and after even if it gives GMP a headache.
Best time 17:30, no rush beforehand and time for beers, then still good time for beers afterwards

True they will have influence, but I can't see them doing any favours to sky, and City v United at close to prime time on Sat could end up a casualty. Plus they will have an eye on the Barcelona and Real Madrid games. It will depend who everyone draws, as if for example City play Liverpool and Barca play Madrid, they would want City to clash with Seville v Roma and not the other Spanish game etc.
UEFA makes the draw - TV companies decide the match dates. BT gets first pick as it pays the most for UEFA games. So Liverpool's match dates will be decided. If they are not playing us then we will be playing on the other night.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.