England Squad

Have thought for a while now. We are following Scotland’s demise. Not meaning to insult Scotland, but we will be in their position soon. The Home internationals should be good when brought back

I suspect you are right.

Waste of space squad for a waste of space event - England international friendly.

So these friendlies then.

Are these last 2 games before the World cup a chance to play our 11 that we'll be playing in our first World Cup game and look at what our best formation will be, or a chance to look at the outsiders who have come in who may have a chance at getting into the final 23. I'd much rather we play as near to our strongest 11 as possible being honest.

So these friendlies then.

Are these last 2 games before the World cup a chance to play our 11 that we'll be playing in our first World Cup game and look at what our best formation will be, or a chance to look at the outsiders who have come in who may have a chance at getting into the final 23. I'd much rather we play as near to our strongest 11 as possible being honest.

We will have 2 or 3 friendlies before the World Cup.

I think Southgate will try a few different scenarios in these two fixtures but after that it will have to be final team selections.

Anyone seen Buttland have a decent game yet? He’s utter turd. But then Henderson is in the squad as is Welbeck ffs. Used to love international footy the persistent appointment of tossers as manager and their persistent selection based on reputation not form is infuriating.

It’s a shit squad but there’s probably a reason why nobody has put forward one that’s substantially different and better.

True. The Premiership has dried up the talent pool. Sure, a few players come through (belatedly) but we don’t have a depth of tatent playing regular first team football for the top clubs. That Wellbeck has an international career and any kid with more than five first team appearances for Utd gets an automatic callup is testament to our ever diminishing status.

I wouldn’t mind if whatever team we put out ever put up a fight but each tournament shows us up as a gutless shower whose main talent is being collectively way less than the sum of their mediocre parts.

Given the paucity of talent, particularly in midfield, makes the exclusion of Phil Foden even more stupid. At least the lad can pick a pass, something that the others seem to have problems with.

Given the paucity of talent, particularly in midfield, makes the exclusion of Phil Foden even more stupid. At least the lad can pick a pass, something that the others seem to have problems with.

i dont agree. including foden now could do a lot of harm to him. hes only 17 and has played a few times this season for us. all the pressure and media crap that he would face could ruin him. id rather just slowly ease him into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.