CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Gotta say cheesy is right on this one, a dilema, but I would not sacrifice twating the rags

As one who threw teddy out of cot when Pep did it against them in the League Cup last season I know where you are coming from.

This time its different, if we have been to Anfield and killed the tie...which would probably mean having won by 3 or more goals then throw the kitchen sink at the rag twats.

In the more likely scenario that there is much to do in the second leg then this derby has to take second place. Even if it means we get beat by them as per League Cup tie. As others have said the League is won, finished, would be excellent to clinch it against the scum but progressing in the Champions League is far more important for the team and the club. This is a chance to prove that this team is on course for being on the level of Peps Barca team and at least now as good as his Bayern side. Not forgetting that Peps Barca team faced with a run of fixtures similar would and did come through time after time. Exciting few weeks ahead where we will get and idea how good our team is.

I imagine he'll approach it the way he always does; one game at a time, take care of this one, we'll worry about the next one after. There's no way he's going to rest the key players in the derby.

I think we need to look beyond the fact that it's a derby. We can't lose the league in that game, but we can harm our chances of progressing in the Champions League by fielding tired players in the second leg.

Fantastic draw. Home second so the place will be rocking and it's a chance to bury the media myth.

And, if we don't, we'll do it the following year. Nothing to lose.

21d4rqb.png

This is what I'd go for at Anfield.

I wouldn't. Bernardo or Sterling in place of Jesus. I wouldn't fancy Mendy at LB in the away leg either. He'd be caught upfield all the time leaving lots of space for Salah to exploit.

Hopefully we'll have a full strength side for the first leg, Silva was badly missed in the Anfield match this season.
100%

We missed his ball retention, calmness and shrewdness in midfield so his availability in this tie will make the match up totally different. You can also add having Vinny in alongside Ota will also make a big difference.

its not a dilemma at all. you dont rest players against your rival and for the league title

It's a fair question though, if, say we lost first leg 2-0 would it be an option to sacrifice the title win on derby day by saving players and potentially drawing.

For me no and I doubt it is for Pep, but still a fair question.

For me
1st leg
eddy
walker vinny otter delph/chenko
ferdy
kev silva
berny jesus sane

Derby day
eddy
walker vinny otter chenko
ferdy
kev silva
Sterling Sergio Sane

2nd leg

eddy
walker vinny otter chenko
ferdy
kev silva
Berny Sergio Sane

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.