CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

I think we need to look beyond the fact that it's a derby. We can't lose the league in that game, but we can harm our chances of progressing in the Champions League by fielding tired players in the second leg.

Going into the second leg at home, with the league title already in the bag, will be a huge boost to the players and fans, the place will be rocking (barring a complete disaster in the first leg). The momentum will be right behind us, you don't want that to drop. The title, secured or not, could be a key factor either way.

Well said.

I know a Mod has already had a word with me about this but by fuck this forum needs to toughen up!

I won’t say anything more on that matter now Mods

Got to say I have to agree. Its a tough draw but as I said before we were not going to get Forest Green Rovers were we? Either team could win but we have got to be favourites especially with the second leg at home.

For the life of me I cannot understand why there has been a collective filling of underwear nor why you would be told off for pointing out it is quite unnecessary.

If we play somewhere near out best and avoid any comical tomfoolery over the two legs we will be ok and go through.

I wouldn't. Bernardo or Sterling in place of Jesus. I wouldn't fancy Mendy at LB in the away leg either. He'd be caught upfield all the time leaving lots of space for Salah to exploit.

Sterling shouldn’t be anywhere close to starting at Anfield. The sad fact is he cannot play well there. Bernardo or Jesus is a toss up, but I think Jesus helps us attack and counter faster.

Mendy, too has speed, which is needed to quell Liverpool’s own quick breaks. I’m sure he’s capable of staying further back if required.

Only reason we lost at Anfield this season was a 10 minute brain fart in the second half. Play our usual game and we'll bury them.

Reasons to be cheerful:-

Great opportunity to bury the Anfield hoodoo; no travelling involved so preparations for the derby game sandwiched in between the two legs won't be as disruptive; we are 18 points better than them in the Prem and there is an obvious reason for that; the aggregate score for the two games played against them in the league this season ended up City 8 Liverpool 4; Klopp is a dickhead and Pep is a god; they are red Scouse and bound to be delusional about their chances especially with all that "great European nights" propaganda bullshit; they are not Barca or Real Madrid or Munich; and lastly, Rags gloat factor will be nullified because they hate us both.

I am strangely confident we'll win this tie.

There's no reason to call it "strange". We are a better team and we have two legs. I would be hugely disappointed not to go through comfortably.

Going into the second leg at home, with the league title already in the bag, will be a huge boost to the players and fans, the place will be rocking (barring a complete disaster in the first leg). The momentum will be right behind us, you don't want that to drop. The title, secured or not, could be a key factor either way.

I don’t disagree with your point, I just think we can handle United without being at full strength.

Pmsl at this whopper on RAWK
The arrogance of the city fans,won the lottery,and now turning their nose up at one of the greatest clubs in the world.
They are shitting themselves really.

Aw bless. They're like that old bore in the pub telling you about how they used to be a big deal around here but now they just sit there stinking of booze and piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.