CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

One ting is for certain , i dont want Sterling or Zinchenko anywhere near this game , the crowd get to Sterling and Zinchenko gives the ball away too much , would play Bernardo and Delph if fit all day long.
I agree. I really hope Delph is fit, Mendy too, but I'd play Delph over Mendy. I'd deffo go Bernardo over Sterling at Anfield as they will constantly try and unnerve Raheem with constant jeering.

Sterling shouldn’t be anywhere close to starting at Anfield. The sad fact is he cannot play well there. Bernardo or Jesus is a toss up, but I think Jesus helps us attack and counter faster.

Mendy, too has speed, which is needed to quell Liverpool’s own quick breaks. I’m sure he’s capable of staying further back if required.
There is no reason to believe Sterling can't play at Anfield.

I think if United play for a draw it'll suit us. We can rest Kompany and Ota. And take our time to carve them open whilst they stand off us terrified.

Every now and again we've had a big result to shake up an old hoodoo. The 6-1 changed our entire dynamic with united, the 4-2 win away to 2010 v Chelsea turned a corner against them, the 5-1 away to Spurs in 2011 did the same for Spurs, the 3-2 win away to Everton in 2014 was vital for so many reasons but we've never done that to Liverpool in their backyard. What better was to end our sorry record then to win there and win well on one of those special European nights at Anfield?

I predicted the powers that be will be doing everything in their power to make this difficult for us.

Liverpool away first playing the Weds with less rest for the rag derby

I guess it was inevitable with the rags going out that we would be in this position.

Lo and behold we also play on the Tues post the rags derby leaving us less time to physically recover from a potential title winning game.

That means we will be at a physical disadvantage playing the rags and a physical disadvantage going into the second leg against the Scouse.

That could make all the difference in both games despite undoubtedly being superior to both teams.

Its going to be "a great Anfield European night". Their crowd will be very loud and intimidating. Their players will come flying out of the blocks. They'll throw the kitchen sink at us.

And when we score two first half goals it will all go very quiet.

City 4-1 Liverpool. If City fields a fully fit squad, anything less would be a surprise.

its not a dilemma at all. you dont rest players against your rival and for the league title
I think the squad we have allows for some rotation that actually suits the different teams. Sterling and Aguero should not play against Liverpool away but should start against the rags. Its the back line really where we might have trouble playing 3 consecutive games.
But to your sentiment, i agree, its the business end of the season. You throw the kitchen sink at these 3 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.