CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

Oh yes you do! If needed, that is exactly what you are going to do. I repeat, if needed, for those who need it -which is Guardiola's call.

You follow objectives, and you set your priorities accordingly. The league title is already won, I do not give a fuck (neither does History...) when City will win it mathematically. But we're talking about a CL QF here. You fuck up there, you won't be able to fix it. The opportunity is lost permanently, you'll have to wait for next season again...

These players have worked their asses off to achieve such an advantage. Some of them may need protection, we'll see. Obviously the result of the 1st leg is expected to play a major role in this, the injury status of the squad, individual form etc. What I mean is that, in any case, this is a luxury City can afford, while Liverpool cannot. Their CL football next season is a question mark at the moment, with Chelsea 4 points behind, and 8 matches to go. So they are obliged to give everything on both competitions -another factor that could have an influence in the matches between us...

I think back in the early 70's city were due to play Chelsea in the European Cup Winners Cup and we had a league game just before it that wasn't important. Malcolm Allison wanted to rest Colin Bell; Joe Mercer said you always played your strongest side...... Bell got injured in the league game.... I remember under Stuart Pearce when Samaras was our main hope against West Ham in the FA Cup and he got injured the game before when perhaps he should have been rested.

For me, resting players so that they are available for the 'must win' games (whether league or cup) is essential - we won't get a second chance in the CL whereas the United game is not that vital given the run in we have.

I also think that psychologically we need to turn the Liverpool fixture 'hoo-doo' around - its long overdue and this is our best ever chance, especially now that the Arsenal hoo-doo has been put to bed at long last. We have a fantastic chance to step-up here.........

The "European Old Guard" will implode if we win this. I absolutely fancy us over two legs, and at worst would accept a one goal loss at the Merseyside Museum of History. If we get the away goal and lose by a maximum of one, they'll know they're fucked.

This will all make for a glorious Amazon documentary. Can't wait to watch and relive the memories of this amazing City season. City worldwide fan base will grow tremendously!
Same here pal. In a few months when it's actually sunk in, it'll be nice to sit back and gloat in a sea of sky blue nostalgia :-D

I’m happy with this tie. Score draw in the first leg will be good and were more than capable of winning too remember it’s a different competition and if we have league wrapped before 2nd leg the boys will full of confidence

I think back in the early 70's city were due to play Chelsea in the European Cup Winners Cup and we had a league game just before it that wasn't important. Malcolm Allison wanted to rest Colin Bell; Joe Mercer said you always played your strongest side...... Bell got injured in the league game.... I remember under Stuart Pearce when Samaras was our main hope against West Ham in the FA Cup and he got injured the game before when perhaps he should have been rested.

For me, resting players so that they are available for the 'must win' games (whether league or cup) is essential - we won't get a second chance in the CL whereas the United game is not that vital given the run in we have.

I also think that psychologically we need to turn the Liverpool fixture 'hoo-doo' around - its long overdue and this is our best ever chance, especially now that the Arsenal hoo-doo has been put to bed at long last. We have a fantastic chance to step-up here.........

What planet do you live on? This is the rags AND a chance to sew up the league. Didn’t you hear a word that Capn Kompany said? He spoke for every City supporter.

Not a chance it will be Uniteds big chance to have something to say for the next few months. Its not even as though Liverpool would be favourites to win the competition if they beat us.

We have to prioritise the Dippers games and depending on the result of the first leg and any knocks picked up will determine how much tinkering is to be done. I am not talking about wholesale changes for the rags match and we should have enough in the squad to make sure we come through what is a good test.

I reckon our players will get through all three games perfectly fine, on adrenaline and euphoria (if we beat everton and united). There could well be a reaction for the Spurs game but if we've won the league and are through to the CL semi finals then who cares?

Clearly Liverpool had a massive advantage over us in terms of recovery times the last time we played them but this time it will be a level playing field. I expect it will be our strongest team for each game with the only changes being for tactical reasons.

They do forget the Jesus and Stones chances before the sending off. Only ever look at their own. They’re by far the most hateable fan base in England.

They're nowhere near as bad as United fans and never will be.

They do like their alternate histories and tables though. I'm sure there was one a few years back showing how they would have won the league if every time they hit the woodwork it had been a goal instead, I might be imaging that but it sounds so plausible with the Scousers.

I remember under Stuart Pearce when Samaras was our main hope against West Ham in the FA Cup.

cary+219.JPG

Good matchup, avoiding Barca/Real/Bayern until the semis. Plus have the decisive 2nd leg in Manchester. Not sure what more you could realistically ask for in the UCL QF.

UEFA keep defying the odds with another draw that keeps the top teams from facing each other until the semis. PMSL.

That is exactly what I'm saying in my previous post, talking about that ridiculous thing called "the Anfield factor". I see this as a perfect opportunity for the team to make a step forward in terms of maturity...

As for the rest of your post, really have nothing to add...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.