United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't for the life of me see why PSG would want anything to do with the toxic eye gauger! I assume, like City, they'd want to play attacking attractive football!

Sly Sports Reporter has spun the loon's press conference meltdown as a positive, and a new beginning for Jose, the fans and United.

Sly Sports Reporter has spun the loon's press conference meltdown as a positive, and a new beginning for Jose, the fans and United.
The raggy Sky propagandists are whistling in the dark again.

Oh please please find those quotes. Would go down better than the we don't talk about injuries montage.

July 2016-

I have never been very good at hiding behind words and philosophies. And I have never tried to do that. I have always been aggressive in my approach, regardless of the risks that come with it.

"It would be easy and pragmatic to point at the last three years. But I am not good at that aspect. I want to be more aggressive, we want to win titles.

"I have to prove things to myself, not to others. That's my nature. I would never be able to work without success. I always ask things of myself and of others, that’s in my nature.

"I could be defensive and point at our results in the past three years, but I cannot do that.

"When people have had a certain menu for years, you must improve the menu if you want to change it. Success has been normal at Man United. We want to forget about the last three years. The players must not think about doing better and finishing fourth, that is not the aim."

http://www.beinsports.com/us/soccer/news/jose-mourinho-insists-he-wont-use-poor-manche/293255

March 2018-

"I say to the fans that the fans are the fans and have the right to their opinions and reactions but there is something that I used to call football heritage. I don’t know if, I try to translate from my Portuguese, which is almost perfect, to my English, which is far from perfect, football heritage."

"And what a manager inherits is something like the last time Manchester United won the Champions League which didn’t happen a lot of times, was in 2008. Since 2011, 2012, out in the group phase, the group was almost the same group we had this season, Benfica, Basel and Galati from Romania."

"Out in the group phase in 2013 out at Old Trafford in the last 16, I was on the other bench. In 2014, out in the Quarter Final. In 2015, no European football. In 2016, comes back to European football, out in the group phase, goes to Europa League and on the second knockout out of the Europa League. In 2017, play Europa League, win Europa League with me and goes back to CL."

"In 2018, win the group phase with 15 points out of a possible 18 and loses at home in the last 16. So in seven years with four diff managers, once not qualify for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was the quarter final, this is football heritage and if you want to go to the PL, the last victory was 12-13 and in the four consecutive seasons United finish fourth fifth, sixth and seventh."

"So in the last four years the best was fourth. This is football heritage. Means that when you start the process you are here, you are there or you are there, is heritage."

He meant Fergie. Doh! Was too early when I read it; )

I have a grudging respect towards owd whiskey conk if I'm being honest(zero respect for PEG). Quite a few blues have said the same. He's been one of the best ever managers in the game who always insisted on attacking exciting football. What made it worse is success was too close for comfort and those rags constantly reminded us what they had won.
Towards the end of Fergie's reign, I told every rag I spoke with to enjoy it while it lasts as their success would come to an end. I got the "the next manager will carry it on" bollocks. And then old Fergie retired on the strength of RvP's goals winning his last premiership.

We all know what's happened since and what is currently happening and united fans are worried, 3managers since Fergie and they have no managerial stability and are still regressing, or are we simply that far ahead?

All those years of hurt and misery at the hands of the rags constant success to our perrenial failure are forever etched into mind, but the older I get that hurt is dissipating nicely and the memories of watching some of our darkest displays are fading.

The shoe is on the other foot now (as they say), and it seems like i've shed ill fitting clogs with irritating stones in, to a nice comfy pair of shoes.
Size 16 is getting to be a bit embarrassing though; )
Inciteful post this, you could be describing me!

And that press conference just confirms that Pep has officially beaten him up badly.

He's finished Maureens career right there.

Fuckin quality watching their fans and manager have an epic meltdown.

Things at the swamp are heating up nicely for the derby. I'd be issuing Arteta & co. with protective eye-wear and locking the dressing room draw just incase he decides to assault someone when they lose.

Just incase the press conference is deleted for good, or you've not got time to watch it all,I condensed it down from 12 minutes to 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.