Top Man t-shirt sparks outrage

Sorry but if anyone thinks that's not deliberate then they are gullible beyond belief. Who the fuck puts the year the remix of a song is released in giant letters on a T shirt? And it just happens to be on a red, football style shirt with Karma down the sleeve and what goes around comes around written under it? It's not even a famous song ffs.

I'd put money on that being designed by some cheeky twat who thought he could sneak it through with that feeble excuse, seeing if anyone would pick up on it. Probably the same sort of twat who goes on a Etihad stadium tour wearing a rag shirt, or tarmacs a club shirt under a rivals stadium.

I've got some magic beans for sale if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Sorry but if anyone thinks that's not deliberate then they are gullible beyond belief. Who the fuck puts the year the remix of a song is released in giant letters on a T shirt? And it just happens to be on a red, football style shirt with Karma down the sleeve and what goes around comes around written under it? It's not even a famous song ffs.

I'd put money on that being designed by some cheeky twat who thought he could sneak it through with that feeble excuse, seeing if anyone would pick up on it. Probably the same sort of twat who goes on a Etihad stadium tour wearing a rag shirt, or tarmacs a club shirt under a rivals stadium.

I've got some magic beans for sale if anyone is interested.

The world doesn’t revolve around Liverpool you know. You don’t even know that it was designed in the UK.

The world doesn’t revolve around Liverpool you know. You don’t even know that it was designed in the UK.
Does it revolve around remixes of obscure Bob Marley songs instead? Because I can't help but feel the market for t-shirt homages to a song no one even realised existed aren't actually big sellers.

have the Scousers patternted the number 96?
I understand 96 people dying at a football match is shocking but it is a number on a tee shirt get a grip ffs

...and "Karma" and "What goes around comes back around"?

Not a reference to Heysel at all?

Come on mate.

Well, it’s been withdrawn as expected. 1996 is now officially not a real year, just in case.
My son has had a new city shirt for the last 12 years with 96 on it. Guess what year he was born?
Conspiracies about Kennedy and the moon landings are bad enough but conspiracies about football tragedies, really?

I wasn't suspicious about this until I heard the excuse. I can readily believe that they'd be incompetent enough to make an ill thought out tribute to the Hillsborough disaster, and cock it up to the point that it looks like an attack on it. But I can't believe that they would make a tribute to a 1996 remix to a Bob Marley song no-one has ever heard of, get the lyrics wrong, and not include a single recognizable reference to him. It's like someone in the marketing department realised they were in the shit and quickly googled anything that they could use as an excuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.