United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
This summer is crucial that we really stamp our authority and strengthen again in our weakest areas. Don't give them time to recover like we did previously.

Don't know if this was discussed earlier in the thread but as part of Mourinho's rant yesterday he's given up on next season as well -

Mourinho: "[City] were ready to win. You know what I mean? Other clubs are not ready to win. If the clubs are in a better situation than us stop investing and we invest, we are side to side. If they keep investing the same or more than us, it's difficult. It's as simple as that. It's difficult."

He's pretty much admitted there that he can't catch up.

He recognises the myth that is spouted in the media that he/they need a transfer window or two to "catch up" - that statement pre-supposes that we are not intending to strengthen our squad in those same windows. Pep has already gone on record saying he thinks only a couple will be coming in this summer however given the quality of our signings Maureen knows that we are likely to get two quality MF players and have change left from the price of one Pogba whereas under Edwoodwoodwood the rags are likely to bring in 3 or 4 players and spend another £250m. He must also be fearful of their losses - ie DeGea is likely to leave.

He recognises the myth that is spouted in the media that he/they need a transfer window or two to "catch up" - that statement pre-supposes that we are not intending to strengthen our squad in those same windows. Pep has already gone on record saying he thinks only a couple will be coming in this summer however given the quality of our signings Maureen knows that we are likely to get two quality MF players and have change left from the price of one Pogba whereas under Edwoodwoodwood the rags are likely to bring in 3 or 4 players and spend another £250m. He must also be fearful of their losses - ie DeGea is likely to leave.
It's mad how they've won about 11 consecutive transfer windows but still need 1 or 2 more to catch up, isn't it? PSG and Liverpool have turned over nearly their entire squads in that time period as have spurs. We've only got Silva, Agüero and Kompany left of a 22 man squad. Yet they're still behind, you could almost think the media are so far up their arses that everything they do is over hyped.

It's mad how they've won about 11 consecutive transfer windows but still need 1 or 2 more to catch up, isn't it? PSG and Liverpool have turned over nearly their entire squads in that time period as have spurs. We've only got Silva, Agüero and Kompany left of a 22 man squad. Yet they're still behind, you could almost think the media are so far up their arses that everything they do is over hyped.

you only have to see their glorification of young players from JizzyJazzy to the most recent McTominay - EVERY young player that starts for them is instantly a future great and worth an England cap - even if they aren't fucking English !!!

It appears the Rags sign players because every other club are interested in them , Lukatme , Carlton , The Merc. etc., instead of actually looking at their squad and signing players that they need , when they offered The Merc a king ransom to leave the Goons they were crying out for a creative midfield player , so Ozil would have been the sensible option. There appears absolutely no cohesion or plan and Woodward is just throwing money at the next big thing , i can see Bale or ladyboy turning up at the Swamp next year on ridiculous salaries , it really is chaos , and long may it continue

This all started with the takeover. I don’t mean our takeover I mean the glazer takeover. The comedy, the breakdowns, the dour football all started then. Too many incidents to list, the cracks were papered over by fergie for a while and once he realised that he could hold it together no longer, compounded with the concerning development of our Manchester City, he jumped ship to protect his legacy.

This was worth waiting 34 trophyless years for, this was worth enduring the fergie years. So blues, drink it up, savour it and just plain enjoy it, you and me all deserve it.

I agree Ferguson saw it coming and jumped like the cowardly bully he was. I am overjoyed that "In his lifetime" we inflicted his most painful defeat, the 6-1 and also snatched the title from them in the cruellest way possible. I hope we win the title against them and continue to leave them light years behind us.

If they would have been a bit more humble in their glory years and not behaved so vilely towards us......have I mentioned the banner lol?.......then maybe, just maybe we would have shown them some mercy. As it stands there is none. I want us to crush them into smithereens and as they start to crawl away weeping for what they once had, be reassembled. Give them some hope then crush them again. Over and over for eternity.

The best thing is, if they lose De Gea they'll likely have to spend as much if not more to replace him with player worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.