CL Quarter Final Draw - Liverpool A Apr 4th - H Apr 10th

I think 4 at the back. Nullify their counter attacks with inverted fullbacks to swamp the midfield and allow De Bruyne and Silva drift into space out a bit wider then drive into the box. Push Sterling
and Sane wide to pin their fullbacks back and spread their defence. Chelsea away if you like. The absolute key is to minimise their fast breaks and to match their energy in the midfield and dominate there. I think we’ll do em.

I thought Pat Nevin had a point on 5 live last night when said that this could be the game when our atmosphere finally clicks for a big night in the Champions League.

It would be great if 1984 could create something similar to the Real Madrid semi the other year because that display was great I thought.

Hopefully City can allow some blue smoke bombs, even if they are set off pitch side.

Posted on the how many poihts thread but relevant here

If swansea beat the rags
Then we beat everton
we win the league by proxy on sunday if chelsea beat spurs I think

Only thinking if that happened going into qtrs as champions would surely be a boost rather than worrying about having to do the league title win between legs.

Still stuff the rags though.

I would take that. Beating the rags on the day to win the title would be mind blowing, but to win in in advance and have those swamp dwelling twats having to give us a Guard of Honour would be even sweeter

I would take that. Beating the rags on the day to win the title would be mind blowing, but to win in in advance and have those swamp dwelling twats having to give us a Guard of Honour would be even sweeter

Disagree. Their fans will all be on the concourse for the guard of honour.

If we can win the league by beating them it’ll be far sweeter watching them squirm whilst witnessing what’s happening.

Guard of honour at spurs will be quite sweet too.

It seems obvious from various media sources whose side most of them are on. Of course, our impartial and fine upstanding national broadcaster is happy to perpetuate this, showing a tabloid with diatribe from Klopp saying we fear them.

What logic do these fucking chimps use to suggest we fear a team we've already beaten 8-4 on aggregate and hold a 21 point lead over, plus outscoring by around 20 goals? Most Scousers would have been trembling in their Reebok tracksuits when they saw the draw on the TV in Wetherspoons.

Where is all the media talk of the shark team, the points gap, Pep's genius and the fact Liverpool couldn't even beat the worst rags side for decades?

Just picked up the dailies and totally agree that they are pulling for the dippers. Its quite funny really as I think they are doing it out of desperation now that the rags have fallen by the wayside again.

We are the team that all the others wanted to avoid and UEFA made sure that the ones with influence did. I believe we will beat anyone over two legs and getting rid of the possibility of meeting Liverpool in the one off final is positive for me The 4:3 was down to a mad 15mins a homer ref and if it had gone on a bit longer could have been a more positive result. Playing Liverpool and away first is the draw I wanted after the obviously weaker teams and we they were already reserved

We can't officially win the league before the Derby so no chance of a guard of honour

Should be a competitive tie, Klopp has been an achilles heel compared to every other opponent Pep has faced off in the past. Moreover the German is supposed to be better at cup ties than managing a season long campaign so this will be yet another challenge Guardiola will be eager to overcome. Looking forward to it, still have no doubt City will be in the Semifinals

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp's poor record in cup games

www.espn.co.uk/football/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2818216/liverpool-manager-jurgen-klopp-poor-record-in-cup-finals

;-)

Contrary to belief, he didn't go missing at Anfield. He did fine, however he got a booking after a bad tackle and was then hacked a few times and reacted to the challenges. So wasn't worth risk of the red card. Liverpool would love him rested. We need to be lightning quick on the counter v them. We need Raheem for this tie.
The front 3 of Sane/Jesus/Raheem is our very best forward line. They work best when Silva/Fernandinho/KDB are behind them. This 6 have not played together at Anfield. Do it Pep.

I tend to agree with you but maybe in later games. This is just too important imo. However, I’d put money on Pep playing him.

It always seems to me that when he's played Liverpool he's been unlucky with his first few touches. Either he receives a heavy pass which he can't control, or he gets the ball tight to the touchline with nothing on or he's wacked and doesnt get the free kick. I think he just needs to make a few simple passes early on and he'll be fine. I think Pep will take a chance on him because the pace of Sane, Jesus and Sterling could destroy them on the break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.